redcat racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-matt

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
seen some redcat racing on road cars on ebay and youtube seems pretty fast wonder if anybody has had one or herd of one

I'm gonna pick up the 1/8 short coarse truck when funds allow. I've heard good things about redcat.

I have a Redcat Aftershock and it a nice truck. Pretty tough too.

I have 3 of their nitros and they are great. They take a beating pretty well. I don't know about the electric ones but I am looking at the new 1/8 brushless ones they are selling now.

yea just looking at there brushless car they call the lighting

Check this video out.
I'm sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted this vid in the nitro section. Looking at the tornado s30 thanks to this vid.

This kind of abuse doesn't really tell the whole durability story I realize. Time will tell with how sloppy the stub shafts and suspension parts get. Other parts as well. For the price? I have to have the Aftershock 8E.

i have the vortex epx pro and damn it is wicked fast i figure 20-30mph but with a 2s lipo this thing is gettin 51.3 mph out of the box and belive me i beat the crap out of the truck and it held up really well over past 3 months only part i broke was a rim sliding in to wall at local track

I've been following the redcats on other sites and from what I can tell, they are a hit and a miss. People are having carriers break under light use, along with steering parts. I've heard of the 8e vehicles holding up to some extreme abuse, while others are breaking left and right. For the price, the Aftershock 8e is still very tempting. But for another $100, you can have a 4x4 Slash. The charger that comes with the 8e is worthless, so you have to pick up one of quality right away. If the vehicles were more consistent, it would be a no-brainer. I'm still on the fence...

Yea, they laid an egg with some of their new "ultra light" series (basically the Aftershock and Backdraft).. Apparently, the initial test models were fine, but when they got into production they had some weak plastic that exposed a design flaw in the front hubs. (as well as some other parts) So, some of the first ones were awesome, then came a whole bunch of buggers.. Redcat put a "parts replacement" progam in place to exchange the broken parts if you get one of the bad ones, but as mentioned it's a hit or miss at the moment, as to whether you get a good one or bad one.. I own 2 of the nitro series (1/10 Tornado S30 & 1/8 Monsoon XTR) and there both tough as nails as far as the suspension parts and plastic goes.. Just have to make sure and double check your mesh, and go over the car checking for loctite and loose screws, etc.. Great cars for the money, imo, but not really "Ready to Run".. My Tornado liked to spit front dogbones till I added an o-ring to the drive cup, to take out some of the slack.. Also the 2 speed clutch in the 1/10 can be a pain, but I went to single speed tranny, incase I wanted to try and race it.. I can't tell any difference, by eye, in the top speed.. It's pretty quick, that's all I know.. ;)

Last edited: