redcat products=suck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmakerman48

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
just a suggestion to anyone looking into redcat now or in the future, they suck and dont get them. mine has been nothing but problems. you can get a name brand for same price.

just recently a new manufacter has taken over redcat and it has gotten WAAAYY better...i used to hate redcat to but after seeing the new line that they released i've changed...and no you can't get a brand new brand name car for the same price...

just a suggestion to anyone looking into redcat now or in the future, they suck and dont get them. mine has been nothing but problems. you can get a name brand for same price.

If you're going to post such a comment then you should really back it up with a little more information than "they suck" and "mine has been nothing but problems." I myself owned a redcat as my first RC and then passed it on to JeKoch who tells me that it's doing great for him. Many others on here as well have or do own redcats and I've read more good than bad. So please clarify your accusation.;)

shut up i have a redcat about a 1year and i didnt had a problem with it
so dont say if you dont know....:angry:

Just because you had a bad experience with your Redcat does not mean they suck. I have 3 Redcats and they have given me no problems at all and[I am looking at another for my son. There is nothing wrong with Redcat. I did alot of research before I bought my nitros and for the price you CANNOT beat Redcat. For someone who is new to RC what gives you the ability to determine for everyone else what makes a rc good or bad! Maybe the problem was not with the nitro but with the owner. Just my opinion.

I hope nobody takes the opinion of one person to heart. If they did, nobody would touch Traxxas products. "They suck because I hit a school bus wfo and the a arm broke" or "I broke the engine in wrong and now it won't hold a tune. These suck". Quit bitchin' and start using your head and your rigs will treat you better. I know this is on the extreme side but you do hear it from time to time.

I have had a lot of trouble from mine to:

I hit a light pole at full throttle and broke an a arm bumper and mount (my fault).

I broke it in wrong and the engine is now crap (my fault).

Other than that it has been a good rig for $130.

I have had a lot of trouble from mine to:

I hit a light pole at full throttle and broke an a arm bumper and mount (my fault).

I broke it in wrong and the engine is now crap (my fault).

Other than that it has been a good rig for $130.

niceee ;)sarcasm? heh..

I don't now how i kept from tweaking the frame or any other number of parts when i hit the light pole.

As far as the engine goes i did no research before i ran it(it was m first) and now i need a new mill, but they can be found cheap on a lot of RC sites.

As far as the engine goes i did no research before i ran it(it was m first) and now i need a new mill, but they can be found cheap on a lot of RC sites.

Did you know that Redcat offers a lifetime warranty. They claim you can beat the motor with a hammer or roll over it with a car and they will replace it for half the cost of the new motor you want. Doesn't have to be the same size.
Also, depending on which motor, you can also find them on e-bay.

Did you know that Redcat offers a lifetime warranty. They claim you can beat the motor with a hammer or roll over it with a car and they will replace it for half the cost of the new motor you want. Doesn't have to be the same size.
Also, depending on which motor, you can also find them on e-bay.

I've been meaning to check on that but lately I've moved on to smaller and better things.

ok ill admit the motor and carb runs like a champ but everything else is crap. i already needed to replace the front a arm, the diff gear and one of the geers that goes next to the clutch bell. as well as minor stuff breaking here and there. its just a pos and i dont care if u guys like it or not i was trying to save future rc hobbiest from buyng a pos like me and waisting there money

what type is it, truggy? whatever the type, how were you driving it?

To everyone else who reads this thread.
This is just the opinion of someone with no rc experience. There is nothing wrong with Redcat products. If you buy a $160 car and expect a $600 car then don't buy it. If you do some research before you buy, you will know that any rc car that you crash WILL break something most of the time. It is part of the hobby. If you run a rc car in tall grass over the tires, you can wear out something. If you have no clue how to tune a nitro engine, you will have problems with it running properly. JMO!
:whhooo:

ok ill admit the motor and carb runs like a champ but everything else is crap. i already needed to replace the front a arm, the diff gear and one of the geers that goes next to the clutch bell. as well as minor stuff breaking here and there. its just a pos and i dont care if u guys like it or not i was trying to save future rc hobbiest from buyng a pos like me and waisting there money

wow you replaced a front arm....i replaced about 100 on my $600 mgt!!!...any truck/car breaks...and gears wear out thats part of this hobbie...if you can't take a car breaking then this hobbie is not for you

Loosen your slipper and learn how to drive. Tighten the screws every blue moon and it'll treat you better. They don't maintain themselves.

Unfortunately i will say i dislike Redcat and refuse to touch their products.. but i will support my claim..

1. When i first bought my machine it was damaged. Returned it to Redcat and it took them 3 months to replace it!!!!

2. Their customer service is the worst! EVERYTIME i ordered parts from theor website, it would take about a month for the order to be processed and then another 3 weeks to ship. iw ould call many times and my order "was accidently misplaced"

3. The vehicle was terrible. The dogbones on my vehicle would break almost every run. i took it to my LHS and had them look at it and even install a couple sets but the redcat parts would snap like tooth picks. Customer service insisted it was a bad batch (all 5 replacements) and took another month to get me my replacements.

4. after about 5 months of terrible service and a poor quality RC i sold the thing and have no problem showing Redcat the middle finger anytime i see their product or anytime anyone ask me about them.