Redcat Gen 8 future upgrades??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the purple redcat

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
The purple redcat upgrades so far:
:Husky steering link kit
: Metal rock sliders
:Injora metal rims negative offset 1.9
:Tires 1.9 duratrax deep woods CR
:Hot racing metal lower link mount
Power hobby dual stage foams 4.19
:Off brand metal drive shafts
:redcat light kit
((((parts on the the way))))
:Rear portal upgrades to aluminum
Front outer portal upgrades also aluminum
Gmade 45wt shock oil
———————————————————
That’s the list of what I have on it now and what is to come I try to stay away from brass. The stock shocks are pretty good it has enough flex for what I do some of the tougher obstacles it gets caught on the fender flares or the back of the vehicle so I trimmed the body and moved the bumper in more.
I also removed fender flares and extended the wheel base For better approach angles. It’s also pretty top heavy.
Let me know what should be the next parts for this thing .

A5AC9990-BD2F-49E2-85A4-45D34D0642FD.jpeg

A571A4E6-24D9-43E9-B980-19233F0FD78D.jpeg

28D7506A-B180-4C94-B18E-0F800379DD6D.jpeg

20969B22-F3F1-4343-8002-0670B7FA1F60.jpeg

DEA0713A-1D13-44E0-8315-32F109A3EF9D.jpeg

E732DCDD-A456-4D5B-995B-F3A70EB9DE3E.jpeg

2D76E585-1B7C-4422-8A42-0039E22FC242.jpeg

Last edited:
Sick truck! Love that old school chrome rims! However, I can't condone the mistreatment of the JLU.
😁

This is my Jalapeno
0813211649e.jpg

How about a new crawler specific motor/esc? I have the Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion, and I love it!

The purple redcat upgrades so far:
:Husky steering link kit
: Metal rock sliders
:Injora metal rims negative offset 1.9
:Tires 1.9 duratrax deep woods CR
:Hot racing metal lower link mount
Power hobby dual stage foams 4.19
:Off brand metal drive shafts
:redcat light kit
((((parts on the the way))))
:Rear portal upgrades to aluminum
Front outer portal upgrades also aluminum
Gmade 45wt shock oil
———————————————————
That’s the list of what I have on it now and what is to come I try to stay away from brass. The stock shocks are pretty good it has enough flex for what I do some of the tougher obstacles it gets caught on the fender flares or the back of the vehicle so I trimmed the body and moved the bumper in more.
I also removed fender flares and extended the wheel base For better approach angles. It’s also pretty top heavy.
Let me know what should be the next parts for this thing .

View attachment 149329

View attachment 149330

View attachment 149331

View attachment 149332

View attachment 149333

View attachment 149334

View attachment 149335
Awesome rig and very cool upgrades. Jump over to your profile page and grab yourself a build thread contributor banner.

Well where
Sick truck! Love that old school chrome rims! However, I can't condone the mistreatment of the JLU.
😁

This is my JalapenoView attachment 149339

How about a new crawler specific motor/esc? I have the Hobbywing Quicrun Fusion, and I love it!
Awesome rig and very cool upgrades. Jump over to your profile page and grab yourself a build thread contributor banner.
Lol yeah I thought it would be cool picture with both of them flexing .its kinda hard to keep the body nice where I live it’s mostly lava rock. I love your set up looks smooth 🤙🏽👍 I’m thinking of bumpers and getting a new motor set up but the one I have now seems to be going good no major problems I’m trying to do a budget build so nothing to expensive.what tires are you running they look very aggressive ?

Thank you
😁

That’s a little expensive for me but I’ll think about it a lot of my friends are running brushless
Thank you

That’s a little expensive for me but I’ll think about it a lot of my friends are running brushless
What do you think of this ?https://www.ebay.com/itm/4023408194...jwn73yztq-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:
😁

Okay Update might swap axles to wendigo axles cause it’s gonna maybe give me better performance what do you think is it worth it? My front end is kinda screwed

i like these Redcats alot

We got my step son a CC brushless system for his Gen 8. He just tore off a portal on the front lol. They are fun machines and see they have updated parts for the portals now.

Back