redcat earthquake 3.5 engine trouble!!??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggernaut12

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey guys i am still new to nitro and I'm really getting into it, my first nitro truggie is a earthquake 3.5 from redcat racing, I've posted about it, not the best nitro to own. I also now own a Savage, love it and i have no proplems with it. I barely use the redcat now, but I am still disapointed that it just sits there and collects dust. I really want this truck up and running, after all i did pay for it! I still want to be able to take both trucks out to the spot. So heres what i know, what I've done, ect.
Brand new fuel Traxxas 20%, brand new batteries brand name, inspected fuel lines and are in good shape. set the idol screw about 1mm, 2 to 2 1/2 turns from closed on the HSN riched it an hour or two untill I got to 4 turns out just to rich, pinch is right on the LSN, brand new glow plug, 3 glow igniters, 2 rechargeable 1 D battery ready when you are igniter, all 3 work the same. I've heard about this "pinch" when take out the glow plug and spin the flywheel to rotate the piston and right before the piston reaches TDC there should be a slight pinch? well this does not happen as it reaches TDC but after it begins to slide back down from TDC mabey an 1/8 of an inch there is a slight pinch. I do not know if that is right, also i just noticed on all of my glow plugs, that only half of the coil is lighting up! 2 brand new glow plugs, i know my igniters are charged fully. well i will be goin back to the hobbie shop next paycheck, more glow plugs, yay, so I was wondering if anybody else had some insight as to I'm doing wrong or what I'm not doing at all? I know these Redcats are not very good to begin with, like I said when the earthquake makes me mad, i just go pull out the Savage and forget about it, but I still want this thing going, it can be a beast when it wants to be!!:\

want to sell, txt me

:\well if you want to sell it, Ill buy it for a good price, I have the earthquake 3.5 semi truck and it was a pain to get it going then i missed with the low idle and missed it all up again..........

Last edited:
You ought to delete your number from this post. That's just askin' for trouble.

You never know who's trollin' around these boards. The mods flush the trouble makers out pretty fast, but it doesn't take long for somebody to jot your number down and mess with ya. If you wanna exchange personal information with a member, send a pm.

i have the same exact truck that i started out with i got it this year for christmas and had trouble getting it going but it would run with the glow plug igniter on it and as soon as you would pull it off it would die so me and my dad went online and bought some new glow plugs a medium and a hot so i put the medium in and as usual it started and we pulled it off and it stayed running so that may be your problem

thanks hoot, i might try it out soon just ordered some from urchobby kurt is the man

Back