Redcat Caldera almost there

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzminty

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I thought I had it tuned good and everything was going to run but I was mistaken. It starts up good it seems to idle okay but then once I run it for 3 or 4 minutes it just dies as soon as I let off the throttle for if I go to wide open throttle it seems like it's not getting fuel but when I rich in it it just gurgles and dies again please please can somebody please help me I'm ready to smash it and never ever look back.

I thought I had it tuned good and everything was going to run but I was mistaken. It starts up good it seems to idle okay but then once I run it for 3 or 4 minutes it just dies as soon as I let off the throttle for if I go to wide open throttle it seems like it's not getting fuel but when I rich in it it just gurgles and dies again please please can somebody please help me I'm ready to smash it and never ever look back.

Does it sound like a boiling gurgle after the engine dies?

Yeah if it stalls and I try to start it up right away it kinda sounds like the fuel is boiling in the carburetor, so I would think it's lean, right? However at the same time I have to tilt it on to its side to empty the unburned fuel/oil from the exhaust pipe, which would mean it's way too rich correct? So what would cause both symptoms at the same time???? I can't seem to get this thing running properly and I really want to however I'm on my last nerve. And I'm ready to smash the crap out of it and find another hobby. Again I don't wanna have to do that but I'm going crazy. Its literally been almost 8 months and just shy of 2 gallons of fuel through it after breaking it in (which went well btw).

Yeah if it stalls and I try to start it up right away it kinda sounds like the fuel is boiling in the carburetor, so I would think it's lean, right? However at the same time I have to tilt it on to its side to empty the unburned fuel/oil from the exhaust pipe, which would mean it's way too rich correct? So what would cause both symptoms at the same time???? I can't seem to get this thing running properly and I really want to however I'm on my last nerve. And I'm ready to smash the crap out of it and find another hobby. Again I don't wanna have to do that but I'm going crazy. Its literally been almost 8 months and just shy of 2 gallons of fuel through it after breaking it in (which went well btw).

If it sounds like its boiling ,then its getting way too hot!

Is there any way that you can take a pic of your rig?
The reason why ,is there is more factors that play a roll in how the engine runs!

It will run at 2/3 throttle for about 3 or 4 min but if I go full throttle or no throttle it stalls. I'm so frustrated.

Attachments

• 15449228513405379393207032717219.jpg
    15449228513405379393207032717219.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 15449228746238230782528580712218.jpg
    15449228746238230782528580712218.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 125
It will run at 2/3 throttle for about 3 or 4 min but if I go full throttle or no throttle it stalls. I'm so frustrated.

Sense the truck runs for about 3 to 4 min. ,an shuts down ,an it wont do full throttle ,it sounds
like that it is starving of fuel ,an ,you probably already been all over the needle settings an it did
no good!
Is that correct?

If so ,then you will have to go through step by step with every thing ,starting with the fuel tank.

I personally do not care much for that fuel line ,it is colored .an you can't see the fuel flow ,an some
of that fuel line can be real thick in diameter ,which can restrict the fuel flow ,also ,try removing that
external fuel filter.

Take the tank out ,an clean it out real good using hot soapy water ,as you do so ,now is a good time
to check the tank pressure ,as a leak can cause the engine to run lean an over heat an shut down or
not get enough fuel when your trying to go for full throttle!

Try these first ,an see what we can come up with!