Redcat blackout pro reverse issues.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
So just got a redcat blackout xte pro brushless. Pretty happy with it so far but am having some difficulty getting it into reverse. No issues going forward or break. I let the car stop and go into nuetral but at times can't get it to go into reverse for awhile. I'd like to maybe change the nuetral range setting of the esc but instructions dont include that. Anyone have any suggestions?

You can get a programmable ESC to put on it and then you can change the settings to suit your running Style.

Yeah..that's an option. I think this one might be programmable..its a quicrun. Had a set button..I found some quickrun programming instructions I'm going to try later. Just pit some monster tires on it..hope it runs well with them!
20200529_220428.jpg

Great thanks! I will do the calibration first..good idea. It came precalibrated.

Yeah it looks great..however the big tires make it tough to start on hills..not enough power and esc cuts out. Great on flat ground though! My yard is hilly though so put originals back on for day to day use. Did recalibration and seems to be better with reverse.Haven't done any real driving test since recal just up on blocks test. Will try driving test tomorrow..will do reprogramming nuetral range if driving test has issues.

Back