Redact Blackout XTE Pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffdog69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Ran my car yesterday through water and then it stopped working. Fan turns on but does nothing. I removed receiver and esc and put in rice to dry out. Anything else to try if that does not work???

Ran my car yesterday through water and then it stopped working. Fan turns on but does nothing. I removed receiver and esc and put in rice to dry out. Anything else to try if that does not work???
If it fried your steering servo, that can stop it from going. Try unplugging the servo and see if the throttle works.

The ESC should be "waterproof" . Unless you submerged the speed control, it should have survived some splashes. My best guess would be the receiver got messed up. After everything dries out, does your receiver show any signs of life?

I just posted under another thread regarding redcat blackout xte. I dried things out for a few days submerged in rice and nothing seems to be working still. I think it is the receiver. If I replace the receiver, is there something in the controller that will need to be updated so the new receiver communicates with the old controller???

I just posted under another thread regarding redcat blackout xte. I dried things out for a few days submerged in rice and nothing seems to be working still. I think it is the receiver. If I replace the receiver, is there something in the controller that will need to be updated so the new receiver communicates with the old controller???
I replied to you in the other thread.