Red cat thunder drift steering messed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Decided to bring out my red cat thunder drift. I’ve never took it apart or messed with it ever but for some reason the steering is messed up. It won’t center or turn right all the way and feels like is has a lot of resistance when steering. I’ve checked screws and everything and it’s all good I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Looks like the servo is toast. I have 3 Redcat's and two of the three steering servo's died after a few runs.

turn rc on. now off remove battery. now center the servo arm... reattach arm see if its any fix if not get a new servo..

It really baffles me when people in out hobby dont have the understanding that it might be a good idea to get a few lower dollar tools to help them.ie servo checker.also will work on esc .VOM thats a voltage ,ohm,meter..hay you dont have to have 10 like I do but 1 (simpson 260 to a fluke 123). heck harbor freight gives them away every few months..extra servo...extra wiring... solder iron and skills to use it ....Toold to do the job... I modified tools to work...Dremel tools and accessories..(I had a dollar store by me guy would see me a box of 144 pieces all shapes n sizes for 10$ sure I have dead space tools but still have them... The toolkit m6 or m8 is a great little tool to own.saves me alot of (bad words)... race bash do whatever have fun I always do....

We all have to start somewhere. Be patient, the guys that are asking questions are learning.

Back