Recommend a body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buncrana

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I gave my T-Maxx to someone and I wanted to paint them up a new body as a Christmas gift but I just don't know what body to get. What do you guys like on your 2.5 Maxx?

The Jeep body is my favorite body.

I did this one a while back...
381129CamoJeep480.jpg

and this one...
381134RedJeep480.jpg

This was the first one I ever did..
356573T-Maxxsnow1.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet rides NC!!

I'm partial to the low profile "race truck" bodies;

Proline crowd pleaser

Parma Exciter

Proline GMC LP

I can't wait for an unpainted version of the new S-Maxx body.

For pure coolness; I like the old Bronco and the Landcruiser.

Please no backlash, this is my opinion only but: "I think car bodies look kind of goofy on monster trucks".

Mr T

I like the El Camino but without the side pipes
127-2708_IMG.jpg

Proline Hummer 1 and Crowd Pleaser are my fav.

Last body I did for my Savage was a HumVee Militia from PorLine and it's a nice budy except for the fact that I had to cut it right where the back windows are for the glow starter which is a pain. NC, those Jeeps are tight looking. How does the engine place on that body? The Crowd Pleazer is sweet and so is the El Camino. Anyone else?

i like the looks of the Crowd Pleazer the best. it makes the truck look fast when it is sitting.

It lines up perfectly with the back window. Its hard to tell in the pic, but I have a squarish hole cut around the head for cooling and starting.

350631CamoJeep2s.jpg

Yep, those Jeep bodies are sweet. I have the CJ-8 and want that Rubicon next. I have a 79' CJ-5 as 1:1 basher,360 V-8 3speed 4:11 Dana 60 chunks and axles. Its my real life T-MAXX, everytime I bash it, I have to fix it!

I've got the Rubicon for my Savage SS. I have trimmed it but still have not painted it. It's a great looking body too.

Well, I will see what my LHS has in stock tomorow. As for the layout, I will be putting on a simple design either on the hood or on both doors, depending on the body itself. Looking at the ElCamino, it would not work on the doors. The Jeep would work either way. Here is what the design will look like.

Not a great selection at the LHS. I told the person I gave the truck to that I was getting myself another body and asked him what he liked. I got him a pick up that will be a sorta dark blue (his fav color) , racing stripe(s) up the middle and the double R design on the sides. Now I just got to hope it works.

Oh, Candyman, I am DEFINITELY getting a VW since I saw yours but for myself. :D

I love that Vdub. I call it the Lightning Bug. It's a 200mm HPI Beetle Cup Racer touring car body that I cut to fit my Maxx. It really wasn't that bad. The only real chop I had to do was on the ends of the front bumper so it didn't hit the tires when the wheels were turned. I still have that hanging around the shop. It still has never been run on the car. Guess it's just a showpiece for now. Kinda like my Chrome Elise. But it looks pretty cool if you ask me.

Dude, I love it. I am going to run one in the next HPI challenege in NY, if they allow it, on my Savage.

I have to say the jeeps are pretty sweet. I also would recomend a Toyota Land Cruiser if you wanted to go with the SUV type bodies. That is what I have, but I think a jeep will be next. I don't really like the SUV thing anymore.

Mr T-Maxx said:
Please no backlash, this is my opinion only but: "I think car bodies look kind of goofy on monster trucks".

Mr T

I would like to alter my first comment concerning car bodies on MT's as I forgot about the Candyman's VW....Very Cool!! Candyman.

Mr T