Recommend a 2.4 GHz system...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys,
I'm about to undergo a radical change in my RC stable. Yes, that's a hint that I'll be putting a lot of my stuff up for sale soon. One goal I have is to replace my current FM setup with a 2.4 GHz system. I'm looking for a decent one at an affordable price. My biggest wants are for mulitple model memory. Preferrably programmable. I currently have a JR. xr3i and like the programming features. But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars. I'd like to see if I can get away with being under $200. So give me some direction. It's time for me to step into the 21st century.

I have the spektrum dx3s its has a bunch of usefull features and i think it has 10 model memory . Plus you get an extra rx . Mine was 180 but thats english pounds so dont know how much it will be in dollar's . I've had up to 350 yards with mine . Id never go back to fm after having this .

If I had the chance to go 2.4 all over again I would go with the Futaba 4PL. Ok it is about $50 over what you are wanting to spend but the receivers are a really good price. On average $50 for a new one. I have spent more than that on an FM receiver in the past. I would say it is the best bang for your buck on a reliable radio system.

I too recommend the Futaba 4PL. I recently bought one at the first of the year for my HPI Baja and love it. Plus being able to run it off a LiFe battery means this radio lasts forever!

I run the Spektrum DX3s and have had absolutely 0 problems. They retail for $250 and have the flammability and 10 model memory. I've been running Spektrum for years and have no real complaints.

I've not used a 4pl, but I wouldnt trade my 4pk for any other radio, its like a Lexus compared to a Toyota (spektrum), sure their nice, but they aint luxury...lol. I would have gone 4pl though if they would have been out sooner.

I run the Spektrum DX3s and have had absolutely 0 problems. They retail for $250 and have the flammability and 10 model memory. I've been running Spektrum for years and have no real complaints.
Dude! THEY BURST INTO FLAMES!?:angry::hehe: That must be why I went Futaba. I have seen two run-away vehicles from Spektrum coming un-bind from the receiver.....maybe they have gotten better over the last few years but the trust is still not there yet for me. Once bitten twice shy I guess.

Flexibility maybe? I am not sure, but I want nothing that bust in to flames on MY vehicles.

Damn spell checker and dummy at the keyboard. It hasn't blown up yet. I was watching something an TV and it probably distracted me.

I'm lovin my RC4WD X4, 4 channel 2.4ghz. Only $90 with rx and has I think 15 model memory and 2 switches for lights or dig or whatever really, meant for scalers and crawlers but I use it on my SCT and it works great, has AWESOME range too

Futaba definitely. Love my 4PKS. The 4PL is an awesome radio for the money.