Receiver Battery packs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob D

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What does every one use Std AA"s rechargables or something like this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1777713086

I'm looking for something in the rechargable area to cut down cost with 3 nitros plus 3 tranismitters thats a heck of a lot of AA"s
that hump pack i posted would prbley be all right for my rustler but what about tmaxx mounting i dont have mine yet its in process of shipping ..

and the 4tec only has a little aera for the batterys so i would need something different for it..

Would AA rechargeables be ok ? i have some Nimh 1600mah's that i use in my canon cameras but i have heard that they donet= the 1.5 volts of the std aa's mine do come in at 1.3 99% of the tme ..

Sorry so long winded and if any one has links or pic of what they use thx Rob

Last edited:
Well you said Transmitters but I assume you are talking actually about reciver packs since you listed the vehicles Trinity makes all kinds of high qaulity reciver packs take a look at that link. They show what they offer them for. As to the 1.5 for alkaline the rechargables are really not suited for r/c's the NiMh and the NiCd rechargeables are are 1.2 volts this in turn is why a reciver pack takes 4 aa batts but revciver packs have 5 cells that is to get it back up to 6.0 volts.. Anyway there are lots of reciver packs out there I just listed the trinitys becuase they are great qaulity and have so many choices. X

i would like um for the reciver and transmitters if possible

thx again Rob

Rob here is an example of of a transmitter charger conversion depending on the type of transmitter you have if it has a built in charger plug then all you need is a charger and some NiCd cells you can buy this kit or you can get the batts seperatly if you have a charger that is capable of charging a transmitter already if you still have more ?'s then list the types of radios you have and we will see what we can do for you. X

Thx that looks like it would be the ticket for the transmiter I'm just using the stock tq's with my traxxas stuff for now havent felt the need to upgrade but as i said going though all the aa's is expensive

thx Rob

I have used Radio Shack rechargeable Nickel Metal hydride Batteries for years.
Once you get past the sticker shock of buying them you will never have to get new ones again.

They make a charger that will recharge 8 batteries at a time in about 2 hours. In my TX they will last 6-8 hours of radio on run time. I use an all in one re-charger for the RX that plugs directly into the battery pack so I don’t need to remove them from my Maxx, It also recharges my glow plug warmer and the TX if needed all at the same time. If needed I will find a link for you.

Do your self a favor, Avoid doing business with Ballistic.
I will not knock the quality of the product they sell however, the company’s customer service SUCKS.

I had the worst buying experience and the rudest customer service of my entire life dealing with this company. Having expressed that in the past I came to find that MANY others were subject to the same abuse I received. This subject on the Traxxas board resulted in 3 people being ban for doing nothing more than telling the truth.

If for no other reason don’t do business with them because OQ and Holmie like them.

Well thats a good enough reason for me fasteddy

Rob

Originally posted by FastEddy
Do your self a favor, Avoid doing business with Ballistic.
I will not knock the quality of the product they sell however, the company’s customer service SUCKS.

I had the worst buying experience and the rudest customer service of my entire life dealing with this company. Having expressed that in the past I came to find that MANY others were subject to the same abuse I received. This subject on the Traxxas board resulted in 3 people being ban for doing nothing more than telling the truth.

If for no other reason don’t do business with them because OQ and Holmie like them.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here and agree with Eddy (is agreeing with Eddy worth 2 cents?) I would avoid ballistic as well. I remember the fiasco on the Traxxas board when this subject came up and daddas(one of the more helpful, and opinionated people there) got banned for telling his story with Ballistic. I for one was glad he told his story, because it gave me the chance not to buy from them. There are a lot of options out there besides ballistic, and if I were you, I would look into those before settling on ballistic. When dealing with a company over the net, CS becomes one of the most important things, IMO.

d

Originally posted by nitro dave
(is agreeing with Eddy worth 2 cents?)

Just 1 cent will do and I will keep the other as a tip.

My tip to you is dont buy from Ballistic...

I use the Ofna flat packs fit right in the battery box of most rc's.

Originally posted by FastEddy

Eddy you telling me your experince alone would ahve banned me from ever refering people to the again let alone buying anything from them but after you added the line qouted above. You can bet your tailend that I will steer people away fromthere now. X

Thanks for the heads up Eddy, just on what you said alone, I too will now avoid them. Thanks again! To me customer service is as important as the product itself.

i use rayovac rechargible nickel metal hydride , my charger can charge 8 aas and 4 c cells the batteries are really awsome i can run about 9 tanks on the safe side before recharging again.

Back