Rear Differential

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sealed bearings will resist moisture and contamination for much longer than a shielded one.

First Thing first, rplace ALL the bearings in that diff, and you front diff. Also if you have been running in water, check the wheel bearings for rust and stuff. Buy Blue Star Bearings or BOCA bearings<-THE BEST!!, but pricy, go for the Ultra seals. Second, check your spider gears. you will prolly need to check your ring gear for signs of improper mesh. When you put your diff back together, apply some JB weld around the cup edge to glue it to the ring gear, also screw it in.

I got the RRP diff kit and Boca bearings:classic:

I've been doing a lot of reading lately and I keep coming across Boca Bearrings. Seems as if a lot of the 'hardcore' racers and bashers are running them. I also hear a lot of good about bluestar. I'm going to order a couple of both and check them out.

Does anyone know if I can still pull the plates and clean and repack either set of these bearrings? Thats the most important feature to me.

Back