rear differential noise

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooky

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:Dhi everyone. i just ran into a problem with my rear differential.

it makes click noise and was kinda hard to turn every time at the same spot.

i removed back housing, then the noise is gone. as i tight down the back of the housing, the noise gets worse.

just raced today. broke the steering servo and serco savor :D

anyways, any idea whats wrong with my rear differential? checked all gear teeth are good.

thanks

Maybe an internal pin or screw came loose and is floating around in the housing.

got back from LHS.

we checked all the gear teeth, its all good. the guy there re installed the ring gear with a cris-cross pattern, and torqued it. put some lub on and the problem was fixed.

=)

Most likely you had a small gear chip in a valley of the ring gear. I just had the same thing happen on one. You could not see that thing AT ALL with a bit of grease on it. I had to drag a scribe though every one and it was a tiny....tiny piece. pulled it out and it was smooth as silk again.

the problem comes back again...

i dont think is because of anything got damaged.

after 9999 times of re-assembly of the differential and install it on the the car, problem was fixed.. removed it, and put it back on, the click comes back.

i took my front one out of the diff housing just check it out, after i put it back, its clicking too every 3rd turn on the input shaft.

well. i bought 2 complete set with housing from Ebay. and i will try to figure out the cause on the bad ones..

Back