Realrace G2 Try to get past Tips, Computer Restarts!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I just got this game for christmas like I wanted. And now I have got it all plugged in and all, calibrated the controller and now I try to get past the tips and my computer restarts... Have updated video drivers and my sound card driver as far as I can find one (2001). I have went into dxdiag and tested everything, everything works fine.
-Pat

Last edited:
it plugs into the usb port right???

If soo you might have maxed out your power supply

or something might be over heating

its plugs into a gameport. I dont know why duratrax chose that over usb. but yea, its gameport.

The new simulators take a powerfull computer to push em in most cases. Depending on your model computer it could be overheating or just plain shutting down because there is just too much information for it to handle...

I would try reinstalling the software to see if the drivers you have now are causing a conflict with the game. If you updated the drivers AFTER installing the game that could cause problems.

well here are the specs of my computer.

AMD 2.2 ghz and 512 ddr ram. I dont think my computer isnt good enough. I will try to re-install it and see what happens.

According to Tower, you only need like 500mhz. Personally, I'm leaning towards one of two things;

1.) weak power supply... You might want to crack the case open and check the label of the power supply. I'd guess at least a 350watt is what that cpu would need. So anything higher than, say, 400watt you can throw in would do nothing but help.

2.) If the power supply isn't weak, then the unfortunate truth is that your operating system may be getting ready to take a nose dive. Mine did this during a game for about a month, then it lost the NT loader (english; data was still in tact, but drive wasn't bootable). Turned out to be a mis-match of drive and IDE channel (ata66/ata133...). If you have a 2.some-odd ghz cpu, it's a safe bet that the IDE channel is not to blame. I'd guess that it's most likely your OS getting ready to nose-dive.

What you could do is try another game, like Quake3 Arena, and see if it crashes on that.

As a side note; if you haven't already, BACK YER DATA UP!!! I speak that one from experience.

well, the only hardware I added was the soundcard, and then of course the controller. Would this make that big of a difference?

I have no problem with playing halo for the computer and need for speed underground 2. but then again, I'm not using that controller.

i want to say that its the controller that is causeing the problem and that its a week power supply cuz the game port supplys power to the joystick and if its asking for more then what can be put out the its just going to shut off cuz its going to act like a brown out

another thing you might want to try is takeing your case apart and letting it cool down and then try to play it with the cpu cover off thats if its getting too hot of course

dont know what else to tell you

But ill tell you one thing i got tired of upgradeing my computer every time i got a new game it gets ezpensive

ok, well I tried it on a different computer in the house that met the requirements and it worked after i put it to 16 bit color. Except about 5 minutes into the game it did the same thing. I am 99% sure it is the power supply now. Because although this computer doesn't have a bigger power supply, it doesn't have a new soundcard or ati video card in it. I just got $30 to best buy today for xmas, so maybe they will have one. How many watts should I go? In the computer I want to run on it is 250 right now. thanks
-Pat

redhatman said:
well, the only hardware I added was the soundcard, and then of course the controller. Would this make that big of a difference?

Something else to check. In the bios for your computer (hit delete, f2, or f10, depending on the bios... it'll say), check to make sure your onboard audio is disabled. Both the Audio Codecs and the Legacy Audio (they're usually right together, and their location varies from bios to bios). A conflict in that respect could cause the PC problems, like the ones you're experiencing.

The heavier power supply is also a great idea. At least 400 watt, but the heavier the better.

well heartbreak, I thought about your idea and seemed very logical. However, I then tried it and still nothing. I will most likely be buying it off www.newegg.com they are a great store and I've bought from them before. I have found this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16817192002 500 watt and lots of great reviews. If you would like to help me find one that would be great, I dont want to spend more than say $30? Thanks so much everyone for helping me so far.
-Pat

The only problem is, when you buy a power supply; the dimensions of the power supply may not exactly fit your case. I would recommend that you buy local, or see if Newegg has the dimensions.

edit; K, so you pretty much have any onboard audio disabled...? Good deal. That prevents any secondary midi port collisions.

Outside of the 2 midi port problem, I'd say go for a new power supply (500 watt would be awesome), and if that doesn't cure it, you might want to prepare to say a few Hail Mary's and go for a reinstall of windows.

well i finally got it to do the blue screen and after it did, it took a while to write it all down, but i got it, here it is:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shhit down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then Select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF9F1000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF7BAB4B3)

*** cmaudio.sys - Address F7BAB4B3 base at F7B867000, Datestamp 3dd89c0b

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

that is what it said. Judging by the cmaudio.sys it is from the soundcard. tell me what you guys think I should do. Thanks a lot.
-Pat

yes, but the one i have is from 2001

this is the driver i need, but it wont let me download it. CMedia doesn't have a support email or phone number that i can find either. But even if i could download it, its still from 2002. http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/OS-e-cmi8738_WDM_OS.htm I need the one under windows xp. Anyone, please try downloading it. and if it works for you i would appreciate it if you could send it to me. Thanks
-Pat

ok, well I finally found a different driver for it that works. the game will launch now and get ready to race. But now with this driver, it says the realrace controller isnt connected, (in the control panel->game controllers) You know any way to get this controller to work? It doesn't seem like the gameport is recognizing it with the new driver. Thanks
-Pat

Back