Real deal bigfoot

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_RC_Corpses

RC Newbie
Reaction score
It's a bit of an older build at this point as I finished this up over a month ago and the boy already broke it. So my 5yr old son asked for a bigfoot rc for his 6th birthday and we looked at the Traxxas one and I was not even close to impressed. So daddy being daddy decided , after much deliberation with my son about getting an axial smt10 grave digger and he refused , to build him a bigfoot out my ax10 project that's been sitting on the shelf for almost a year. After a bit of research in to the original bigfoot monster truck I learned that it was a body on frame truck with a crazy custom suspension setup. At this point I figured I'd just do it with my scx10 chassis to give it that body on frame look. It's an scx10 deadbolt chassis with a bunch of upgrades, Traxxas bigfoot body, ar60 ocp axles, custom upper links front and rear to clear the driveshafts, 32p gearing, hobby wing 1080, stock axial 27t brushed motor, 32kg JX digital servo, custom stainless steel steering links, he already has a custom flysky fs-gt3c with an 8 channel pwm extender installed (we run his winch and lights off of it on his scx10 I'll throw that build up in this post later), Tamiya clod buster tires and rims, Crawford performance engineering wheel adapters, not shown in these pics Firestone decals for the tires, ax10 shocks and springs, I think that's it. Runs 3s like a champ. So Jack being a 6 yr old, while my back was turned jammed one of the front tires against a stack of pavers and jammed the throttle down all the way and stripped the trans out. I have steel locked trans gears here for it but I am not fixing it until he shows me he can take care of his toys. Here's some low quality shots I'll take some better ones when I get a chance.
IMG_20180401_053427.jpg
IMG_20180401_053439.jpg
IMG_20180401_164333.jpg

Looks like you've got a very happy little guy @Dark_RC_Corpses and a nice looking monster truck!

I can't believe he passed on the axial smt10 though... I'll take it if you don't want it. ;)

Looks like you've got a very happy little guy @Dark_RC_Corpses and a nice looking monster truck!

I can't believe he passed on the axial smt10 though... I'll take it if you don't want it. ;)
Never bought the smt10 since he didn't want it. He is a very happy boy. 6 years old has a custom built lcg 2wd slash, a fully hooked up scx10 deadbolt, a fully hooked up yeti Jr, and a few misc Chinese models.