Re: MadisonCountyR/C Toy Drive and Trophy Race For December.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Slash for the Toy Raffle came in today...boy is it nice I think I will just keep this for my self...lol.... no really

For those that would like to know. This is a Channel 2 Red Slash.

We will also be giving out a couple of clear Slash bodies at this event maybe during the Slash Races What do yall think about that?

I have a bunch of friends who race pro buggy and truggy coming, they are not members of this forum. I'd be there if I did not have to work.....one more sick day from being fired!lol
Anyways have fun guys! I'll be madder than hell all day at work for missing this!

I have a bunch of friends who race pro buggy and truggy coming, they are not members of this forum. I'd be there if I did not have to work.....one more sick day from being fired!lol
Anyways have fun guys! I'll be madder than hell all day at work for missing this!

Sorry u can't make it, But I know how you feel. After I've had to call in several times over the last few months getting things going with a new house a parade we were in last weekend and this toy drive this Saturday I got the don't be late or miss anymore days from my part time job and my wife..not sure witch one was worse so guess I better straiten up with both parties.

Okay Guy's we had a hard rain today but it looks like we will have light rain till tomorrow then clearing up Thursday early. The rest of the week and weekend is looking good.

We will be breaking out the big guns Friday I will be drying the track most of the day Friday then on to the prep that afternoon. Track will be ready Saturday morning. You might smell diesel fuel in the air for a bit Saturday morning but hay what do you expect when you use turbo charged wind machines that carry a diesel fuel flame Only thing I need to worry about is drying out the track too much...lol If for some reason it does rain on through Friday night then we will need to move this race to Sunday but so far all the weather reports show rain tapering off tomorrow early.

See yall at the Races

The track did well in the rain. No worries the show is still on. Thanks to yall for coming on here and signing up early for us. This really helps the tracks out when yall use this sight.

Attention Cell Phone users Verizon and Cingular are the 2 services that mainly pick up in our area. Sprint and NextTell defiantly dose not have service.

If you have trouble finding our Track call 706-621-0036 or 706-621-2467 and we will help you get here. Gates open at 8am Saturday morning but if you get hear earlier just go on in.

Good Luck to Everyone Racing this weekend at our Track and every other Track around.

P.S. Don't for get to bring your Toy's for part of your

I probably will not be able to check my email or posts on here till late tonight so if yall have any last minute questions that you need me to answer call me at 706-621-0036 or my Wife at 706-621-2467.

Sorry for the delay on my report from Saturdays great event Seems like staying up 3 days strait with hardly no sleep was a bad idea....don't figure.

We had a blast. The first racers and there family's came rolling in at 7am and thanks to my wife they had hot coffee and chocolate waiting for them because I was taking a short nap at that time.

We had a great turn out for this event not sure if anyone got a picture of the track before the Ice Cristal were cleaned off if you did send them too me for a moment there like Deven from OutLaw RC in Akain SC said we were thinking of changing the name for the track name to ice bowl. That sure was a pretty sight. But it did have to be cleared before it melted so thanks to Steve from Loganville RC for getting everyone in gear to help clear the ice.

We raised over 55 toys from this event official total is not in yet. We will post that shortly.

Thanks to everyone that came out to help us raise so many toys for family's in our area. This was a great way to end a great first year at Madison County RC. I have more to post that I'm still working on.

Race Results are at Jlap Race Management@ http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b...?where=Madison

P.S. We did have a special visitor to our track. Please use this link below to see what Santa left at the Track:Big%20smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Madison County R/C First Annual Toy Drive & Trophy Race 2008
Visit: www.madisoncountyrc.net or www.mcrcforums.com

The first of many Racers and there family’s arrived at about 7am Saturday morning. They were greeted by my wife Jonette were she had prepared hot coffee and hot chocolate with pastries for them. We had drivers come as far away as Aiken, Spartanburg and Columbia SC. to help support this awesome cause. We had drivers from Atlanta area, Marietta, Loganville, Newman, Bethlehem, Lavonia and many other in Georgia and South Carolina.

We were able to collect 75 Toy’s from this event to help the children and families in the Madison County Ga area. We raised $135.00 Dollars that we will be purchasing hoodies and sweatshirts and other winter apparel with for the children in the area. We are working with Riverside Baptist church in Colbert Ga this year to help distribute the toys and clothing raised. Thanks to Allen Homer from the Riverside Baptist church with helping me with having a place to distribute the toys and clothing that we raised.

We would like to take a moment to thanks our sponsors from this event:
First and most important is the Racers and families for there dedication to this sport/hobby and to showing up at great events like this one when it is cold out. We want to thanks Wayne Ford from the Athens Banner Harold for his ongoing support of our track and with the write ups that you put in the paper about us and our events. And I want to also thank my Wife Jonette and my father Bob without there supports and help with this event I would have not been able to consider doing this event.

Thanks to our local Sponsors for there help in raising the money needed to purchase the Slash RTR kit for this Toy Raffle:
Fox’s Pizza/ Sweet Ideas/C&C Hydraulics/LightHouse Trophies/Project Builder/Twice The Ice/BigManTshirts/Vision Video/Stratton House Movers/Counter Top’s Plus and No1 China. I apologize ahead of time if we left anyone out of this list.

Thanks to our Corporate sponsors for there ongoing support of our track and this event:
Traxxas, R/C Car, Byron Fuel, Morgan Fuel (Sidewinder) and to the GSRCI) Georgia State RC Invitational series.

Because of these sponsors above we were able to give over $700 dollars of product away at this event not including all the freebee’s that we gave away like t-shirts, parts trays, videos, posters, magazines, stickers and other items that I may have mist in the list.

We would like to congratulate all the winners for this race:

Electric Limited 2 Wheel Drive:
1st Place Travis Chambers Qt: 48.997
2ndPlace Collins Machine
3rd Place Dave Cozad

Electric Open Mod Class “Run What You Brung”
1st Place Tyler Rogers Qt: 43.204
2nd Place Chris Pair

Slash Limited Spec Class
1st Jason Motes Qt: 39.265
2nd Jay Motes
3rd Stoney Hamilton

1/8 Nitro Buggy
1st Berry Pettit Qt: 29.882
2nd Deven Charnock
3rd Neal Hurley

1/8 Nitro Truggy
1st Shay Brand Qt: 30.294
2nd Randy Cooper
3rd Neal Hurley

Monster Truck “Run What You Brung”
1st David Barns
2nd Chris Pair

Prizes awarded from Toy Drive Raffle:
Congrats to our Grand Prize winner Stacey Toole: Traxxas Slash RTR Kit
Other Prizes from drawings: 2 Clear Traxxas Slash Bodies, 2 Slash Hope up parts, 12 1 yr subscriptions to R/C Car, 4 Gal. Byron Gen2, T-shirts from Traxxas and Morgan Fuel, Videos from Vision Video.

You can find pictures and videos from this event at www.mcrcforums.com
Check out this link to see a special visitor that we had at our track that day:

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making our First Annual Toy Drive and Trophy Race a great success for us and giving us the ability to help out so many families in our area. Thanks for a great year and we will see everyone next year.

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year

To: Your Family

You got the Truggy and buggy winners backwards! FYI
It's sad, I brought Devon Charnock into the hobby about 2 years ago... I can't touch the guy on the track! I'm happy for him, never had a clue he'd end up pro.
Everyone reported they loved the track and will return! Good job guys!
You have to come to our track sometime next year. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Last edited:
You got the Truggy and buggy winners backwards! FYI
It's sad, I brought Devon Charnock into the hobby about 2 years ago... I can't touch the guy on the track! I'm happy for him, never had a clue he'd end up pro.
Everyone reported they loved the track and will return! Good job guys!
You have to come to our track sometime next year. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new year.

Thanks for showing me that.
We enjoyed having yall out at the track as well. Yall showed us the there still can be a lot of great fun with the racing part of this hobby. We are planning to come out to yalls track some time next year for sure. :D

Winner of the Slash Toy Raffle Giveaway: Stacey Toole
GrandPrizeWinnerToyraffle.gif

Winners of the Slash spec. Class: Jason Motes, Jay Motes, Stoney Hamilton
JasonJayandStoney.gif

Winners of the Open Electric Limited Class: Travis Chambers, Collins Machine, Dave Cozad
TravisCollinsDave.gif

Winners of the Open Electric "Run What You Brung" Class: Tyler Rogers & Chris Pair
TylerandChris.gif

Winners of the Nitro Buggy Class: Berry Pettit, Deven Charnock, Neal Hurley
BerryDevenNeal-1.gif

Winners of the Nitro Truggy Class: Shay Brand, Randy Cooper, Neal Hurley
BerryDeven.gif

Winners of the Nitro "Run What You Brung" MT Class: David Barns & Chris Pair
DavidChris-1.gif

A BIG Thanks to all the racers and families that help to make this years First Annual Toy Drive and Trophy Race a Awesome Susses and helping so many children in our community by giving them a chance to have a great Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
To: All Your Family

The Slash A-Main:

Back