RD Logics or MIP CVD?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panman

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all

I've been ordering a crap load of parts to fix my 3.3 and I'm debating on whether to do RD or MIP. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

MIP's are better, but far more expensive, i'd go half way and get the Vantage Racing shafts, with sealed boots, I like them better than both. U know their really isno need to upgrade the stock 3.3 slider u-joints, they are very tuff, they just get sloppy over time.

Thanks a lot for the reply. My stock cvds started bending and cutting themselves on the shocks.

MIP is the way I would go, there is a reason they cost what they cost. you ever heard the saying you get what you pay for well with MIP CVD's IMO this is the case, and they are cheap to rebuild should you ever need to, as long as you put them together right the first time and use a little blue thread lock on the set screw and let them dry over night you really should not have any problems with them.

Wow! Calmdown, I was just suggesting as Pan was comparing either RD's or MIP's, which makes me think he's thinking of getting a more cost effective set of shafts or not, that's why I mentioned Vantage, because they are of excellent quality, not near as expensive, and will also do the job just as well as MIP's for less money, you don't always get what you pay for, sometimes your paying for a brand name, I feel for the quality of MIP's, there too much. It might be different if he was running an OS 30 or something, so he doesn't need to overdue it. I have had problems with MIP stuff in the past too.

My experience with RD Logics parts has been that you get waht you pay for. I bought quite a few machined aluminum pieces like bulkheads and such from them, and I wasn't really pleased with the quality of their stuff. I haven't run their CVD's though.

However, I HAVE run MIP's, and I think you will be hardpressed to find a company that produces quality like MIP. Their stuff is unbelievable, and I've never bought a product from them that didn't exceed my expectations.

Wow I guess MIPs are the way to go. I am teetering on changing my motor to a Picco .26 Max. But I think I need to get a little more practice with adjusting the truck properly before I go crazy on upgrades. Thanks a lot for all the help guys.

PM