RCNT Give Away... ( ENDED! )

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on! Reply to him already! I want to know who won what!?!?!?

lololol

Congrats to all who won!

Originally posted by SuperMaxx97
i thought u said that ur first post dont count???/

bryan

It does not count - however this was taken into consideration as well. Thus the number range was from 2 - 76 thus making up for my first post. This way when the number generator picked numbers it would correspond with the correct post number as well.

-Michael

DAMN!!!! i thought i actually had something. i knew it was too good to be true

bryan

I just want to know what the winners picked!

SuperMaxx - dude! Whats up? I didnt see your name man.

i got royally screwed over!! lol

bryan

SCREWED AGAIN! Glad I didn't have to buy tix again. BTW, when and what's the next lottery? Woodie, You're not helping my gambling habbit or my marital status!

Just wanted to let you know that random number generators, don't actually do it so randomly

Originally posted by Ajeauxdn
Just wanted to let you know that random number generators, don't actually do it so randomly

By a programmers stand point - your correct.

The reason is that the rnd() function doesn't actually generate a "true" random number. Instead, it uses an algorithm that mixes numbers up and generates a number that appears to be "random", but in actuallity, it is one of a fixed sequence of numbers. source: www.visualbasicforum.com

The above way is the most common way, however a much better way of doing anything random is by basing it off of a timer, this is because the odds are that the timer will be different each time, thus helping it to be more "random"

Since the timer will likely be different each call, this will result in a different sequence. source: www.visualbasicforum.com

The later is exactly how the RCNT Lotto Generator is programmed, in fact not only does the randomizer work off of a timer, the programs calls a "randomize timer" thus ensuring the timer to be different each and every time.

So back to your point - Yes it's not a "true" random number, but we've taken as many steps that I know how to make it as random as possible.

-Michael

Anything is going to be hard to have a random program that is completely random. I think the rcnt give away was fair.
Thanks WoodiE

Originally posted by Ajeauxdn

The ony way to really make it truly random is using something completely unpredictable. Almost unattainable. Maybe very close to true random are the quantum mechanics random generators. But i believe that Woodie won't have the funds to pay for that.

Thomas

SWEET!!! I never win anything! well i'll go ahead and take the Stainless Steel T-Maxx Screw Set from UFSS cause i've been wanting one of those for a while now. i know, the RCNT thong looked pretty tempting, but i figured it would look kind of funny on my maxx. Thanks for putting this whole give away thing together! this just adds to the list of reasons why i check out this forum every chance i get! thanks again!

~tommy

I'm a stupid loser!!!!! never win anything! can't believe I won my life though.... me in all them sperm :)

Out of all those sperm, YOU were the fastest one???

Back