RC4WD 45T "boost" motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Howdy all. Well I broke down and got my hands on a XR in a decent trade. She is built but never run. Completely stock. The trade involved 2 of the above motors and I'm curious on quality. I know they aren't Holmes, Brood or even Tekin but are they servicable\capable? I'd like to look at utilizing them but not if they are gonna crap out on the first day. I've bought and beaten plenty of RC4WD products before but never electronics.

Thank for any input

Yeah they are rebuildable and look to be pretty nice. Machine wound vs hand wound, not sure any more how much that really matters. It can be hand wound with lame parts and still be a "hand wound" lol. Price doesn't look to shabby, be worth a try most likely. Broods were the best I ever ran, friggen loved those but good God they were expensive. Still can't forget how awesome the regular Integy 35 and 45t motors were. If they are still around and you have a smaller budget, never rule them out, they are amazing motors for the price.

The boosts came with the trade and while I think the pricetag of $46/ea is a bit overpriced I believe they were bought when they came out new which explains the higher price. I would agree that Brood does have a solid lineup but the amount of $ you will spend on a set is just plain crazy. At the same time you get what you pay for. I'm gonna use the boosts for now but the long run I may save for a set of Broods or Holmes.

As SNG stated, the Integy 45t motor isn't too bad and great for its price. It's probably the Integy part I would consider,

BTW, what are you doing with my last portrait as your avatar????

I figure I'll do a weekly change of some smexy sons of guns for everyone. I'd like to think its a younger pic of Rolex back in his heyday!!

Nope, it's me. They didn't have cameras or even paint when @Rolex was younger...

I wear a top so I don't break my nose when jogging (to the fridge)...

The Integy motors used to be really good, but word in crawler circles is they've went way downhill quality wise. IMO Brood motors are way overpriced, love my Holmes motors though, and the price can't be beat.

I run Holmes in my 2 scalers. One 27t and 1 35t. They both r great. The only reason I may consider brood is just based on reviews that I've read for moa rigs. Seems they are the most popular brand for podium finishes. Not that my skills mare anywhere close to podium level but when you see them time and time again then people typically take notice. I will see how long the boosts last for and go from there when the time comes and how much of a budget I have at the time.

I'm running a boost 35t in my wraith and have been for all summer. I've abused it pretty good and I've had no issues with it. It's even spent a considerable amount of time in dirty river water and never has missed a beat. I'd have another boost any day!