RC10GT replacemnt pull start needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badsneaker

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I need a replacement pull starter for the .15 engine in my RC10GT. I changed my starter box to start my buggy so I can't use it on the RC10 anymore unless I take the back wheels off.

I checked A/E and Tower, I can't seem to find the replacement kit. The pullstart cover reads Team Associated AE nitro on it. The RC10 is the kit that covers numbers 7050, 7051, 7060, 7061, 7067, 68, and 91. Made in 2002.

Can someone help me with a part number?

Thanks

Well, the easiest way to find the pullstart is not by kit number; altho the information is handy. It helps chase down exactly which engine you have.

Going to Tower and popping in "AE 15" into their search, then clicking on one of the parts for the AE 15 (the carb retainer), followed by going to Parts Usage and then the engine listed, brings up these:

For the blue chassis:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAYY7&P=PU

Here is a complete parts list:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=ASCG2900&P=PU

Hope that helps!

No problem man. Towers' search engine isn't all that bad, if you search by part number. It usually snaps it right up.

Hey Heartbreak do you know if this comes with the bearing? Maybe I should call Tower and ask them.

Damn that sucks. OK thanks for the heads up. So I need the pullstart and the bearing. Anything else?

Thanks guys!

The pullstarts rarely come with the one-way bearing. You can, however, get the pullstart bundled with the backplate and starter shaft. I would recommend replacing the starting shaft as well, as a precaution.

The starter shaft looks OK. There is a foam seal on it. I pulled the old pullstart off to find it was just reinstalled to protect from dirt. No bearing. I have a .15 pullstart I got with the MT I received from 1500valk but the bearing I had was slightly in my box was slightly too small. Upon initial install it did turn the ole RC10 engine over though. I will try the pullstart and bearing from Tower.

I'm in need of a pull starter but everything I'm finding is discontinued. Any help?

ebay is going to be the best bet to find one i believe, there is always the option to get a Sullivan Tiger Drive and use a drill for starting

Back