RC10GT Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewGT

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I got a used rc10gt with an os. 12cv that needed a rebuild. I rebuilt the .12 and after about 3 gallons of fuel I need to put another p/s in it. Maybe its just me but that seems like a short life.. I'm now looking at getting the associated .15 for it. The AE .15 is only 100 bucks. I am also considering an os. 18 c-rx for 160. I'm not looking for a lot of power, I just bash it and have fun, occasionally running at the local track for fun not racing. Is that AE. 15 a good engine? I'm sure the os is, maybe even better. I like the price of the AE better though

IMO the OS would probably be to much for such a light rig. I would think you would need to upgrade the rest of the driveline to support the extra power. I've never owned an AE .15 but typically AE makes a good product. As far as the 3 gallons - How long a motor lasts depends on your tune. I prefer a very rich setting for engine longevity vs running lean for max power. The guys I run with give me a hard time quite a bit but some of them are on the 2nd or 3rd P/S while I'm still runnin on my first.

Thanks for that! I didn't consider that about the extra power, I think I'm just going to order the AE engine tonight.

I own 2 RC10GT's, 1 with a 2.5R and the other with an O.S. .18, and i've had no problems with the driveline. i have never looked back after ditching the ae .15's

i ran an AE.18 in my rc10gt and the only problem i had was keeping the front wheels on the ground! i wish i still had that truck it was a blast.