rc10 gt tub chassis conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ragnorok3141

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am converting my old rc10 gt to electric on road car. How much motor do I need. Will a stock motor be fast enough or do I need something more? Is 2s enough is 3s better? Now I know you are all saying "well that depends on what you want to do with it". I am looking for something that I can just drive on my street, parking lots etc. I dont do any formal racing at all. So my application is strictly for kicks. And faster is ALWAYS better to a point.

Attachments

• IMG_0142[1].JPG
    IMG_0142[1].JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 81
I am converting my old rc10 gt to electric on road car. How much motor do I need. Will a stock motor be fast enough or do I need something more? Is 2s enough is 3s better? Now I know you are all saying "well that depends on what you want to do with it". I am looking for something that I can just drive on my street, parking lots etc. I dont do any formal racing at all. So my application is strictly for kicks. And faster is ALWAYS better to a point.

If that was my baby ,I would leave it alone an find a not so rare collectors item to hack!...o_O

as much fun and cool stuff you can get from home builds, i dont know that id recommend cutting up an rc10gt, they are getting hard to find especially the tub chassis (seen the chassis itself on ebay go for around 120$), and becoming worth quite a bit of money and increasing in value every day.
being brushless is also going to make it go through parts quite a bit as they werent really designed with that torque in mind. mild 2s should be fine, but 3s and you will start going through axles, and ever increasingly hard to find trans gears and gear shafts.
another factor for your powerplant is the truck being 2wd, going to loop out quite a bit until you get throttle control down.

I'm kinda with these guys on modding the rc10 but if you really want to then Id probably look for a 3500-4000kv brushless motor and run it on 2S.

Back