Rc yacht

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketron

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi everyone I'm a newbie lol just brought i heng long Atlantic yacht and looking for info on how and what and prices on how to make it faster and more controllable without breaking the bank, it doesn't have reverse or a controllable rudder which is stupid but i guess at £70 you get what you pay for ,it has twin 380 brushed motors, so if anyone out there could give some info that would be great .thanks to u all .

without a controllable rudder I dont think having a non steerable water missile is safe for anyone.do you have a local hardware store that sales pieces of stainless or aluminum stock?. mine by me do in USA.If it was me id just ..only other way to control boat is with dual esc that control motors. then you slow one motor to turn opposite direction and do the other to turn the other way...good luck in you adventure..

Hi ,thank you for your reply, I've had it up on the stand and when you open the throttle then turn left or right 1 motor shuts down to turn , but there no control to speed it full or nothing I've been on YouTube watching some videos and there quite helpfull but no info on where or prices of the stuff needed

Hi everyone dunno if I'm in the right part of this site lol,I've recently brought a heng long Atlantic yacht, its got 380er twin motors with no reverse and no rudder control and has power on or off so no slower movement control other then when you the power is on and you turn left or right it shut of 1 propeller and would like some info price and where i can get the parts for to make it abit faster with reverse etc and not to brake to bank balance lol .thanks 1 and all

Really no place for actual upgrades for those Chinese boats. Just keep the motors, driveshafts and props and install a new radio/receiver, ESC and servo for rudders.
Doing the build is half the fun and you will be ABSOLUTELY pleased with the end result. I've done it more than once.

Hi ,thanks for the advice ,I've been watching the same on YouTube but no links to where to get parts from etc ,

Ok thank you, I'm thinking about going from the 380er brushed motors to brushless could some advise me on what motors esc etc id need to get ?

Hi all could someone help me out please I'm thinking about convert on my rc yacht its currently running twin 380er brushed motors and looking for what size compatible brushless motors and what esc etc id need to run everything?? Thank you all

I recommend sticking with the original motors, shafts and props.
Ditch the rubbish radio and install a good 2 channel proportional system with an ESC to drive both motors at the same time.
Install a rudder behind the props and control with a proper servo.
I've just converted mine and am very happy with the result.
It's basically a good boat let down by the installed radio control system and lack of a real rudder.

Back