RC Workshop AKA "The Batcave"

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It began as a dream over 3 years ago. Backyard was completely torn out and re-landscaped. My only requirement....A 14'x24' space I can call my own. Slab was poured and there it sat. Lonely. A flat chunk of concrete awaiting something to support.

Present day....After 2 long days my dream has taken a giant leap forward.

shop_1.jpg

shop_2.jpg

shop_3.jpg

The sectional roll-up garage door will be installed on Weds which will complete the shell work.

I then will build an interior wall separating the back 1/3 of the building with a locking door. This will be my lair where all things R/C will happen. The rest of the building will house various recreational items such as a foosball table, bowflex to hang stuff from, kicking dummy for those frustrating builds and other stuff. I will also be picking a small mini-z track when I can find a used one.

Still a ways to go with the wall, electrical, insulation and sheet rock.

For anyone interested in the before and after of my backyard, click here and then click on the Before & After link House No. 5. Pics were taken by the landscaper about 3 years ago.

Where you see the brown and green play structure is where the workshop now sits.

Last edited:
Nice!!~
The only fault I can see is that the back 2/3 should be everything RC.

Kind of nice isnt it.
Just truck 4 walls in, tilt it up, and its done.
Nothing to it :D

That's totally awesome bro! My wife would love nothing more than for me to have my own escape. Maybe someday....

Looks great. I am jealous.

But...I must say, you are one lucky fellow. I get half a small bedroom/den as my RC workspace. I would love to have an entire building like that. Great work!

Last edited:
Nice, you must have a big ass back yard by california standardes to build something like that! Totally sweet.

Bryson

Looking great Rob! I am jealous of how much space you have to entertain yourself. Congrats on the new addition.

wow, thats alot or rcs, my workspace is just this 8 ft bench i built

same here, banshee. seriously, how many RCs do you have, rob?

i want a bat cave...

BAT-22.jpg

Looking really nice! I tell you it is going to be nice to have your own space. Your wife will apreciate it as well... no more working on the coffee, or kitchen tables anymore! LOL

Tom

That's actually the size of the house I'm planning on building!

That building turned out great

it dosnt stand out to much with the scenery being there.
you did a great job!

Looks fantastic!

do your self a favor, before you cover the studs, put quad electrical out lets on every other stud, use a over size breaker box, so you can add stuff later, with each wall on a seperete breaker. then instulation, then cover the studs with 1/2 inch plywood with screws, take pics before you cover the walls, so youl know where the wires are. the 1/2 inch plywood will let hang ANYTHING ANYWHERE you want. the way to do this is hire an electrition and have him put a small breaker box with one switch by the door and one small light bulb in the middle. then after he gets it approved, rip it out and redo it like you want it, with the door closed. years ago my dad did it like that it worked out great.

wow...brought back to life 2 yrs later...

Well, if he's anything like the rest of us it probably got put on hold as a few other "more important" projects came up.

So he call's out master woodie, then comes on this one and tells another mod to break the law, and goes into detail about how to do it? What a freaking dumbass...... I'm going to the RCNT batcave.....

do your self a favor, before you cover the studs, put quad electrical out lets on every other stud, use a over size breaker box, so you can add stuff later, with each wall on a seperete breaker. then instulation, then cover the studs with 1/2 inch plywood with screws, take pics before you cover the walls, so youl know where the wires are. the 1/2 inch plywood will let hang ANYTHING ANYWHERE you want. the way to do this is hire an electrition and have him put a small breaker box with one switch by the door and one small light bulb in the middle. then after he gets it approved, rip it out and redo it like you want it, with the door closed. years ago my dad did it like that it worked out great.

Gee. Thanks for the the advice on how I can skirt the building codes. Whatever would I have done without you. I know. How about I do it right so when I sell the place someday I don't get slammed by the house inspector when he asks for all my permits for the work done.

Building codes are in place for a reason Einstein.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you. They make all these rules just to inconvenience us and the next you know they'll make someone like Alpine enforce those rules!

Back