RC LiPo Battery Mistakes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest mistake I did was fully charge my LiPo's and stored them before I found out about "storage charging". It was bloated so I took the risk and carefully poked in a syringe with a needle to drain the trapped smoke inside. Smallest needle available coz I caused some sparks with what I used :p

there was no spark from a syringe... stainless steel going into a aluminumized coated wrap. hmmm... it was the release of the gas that was cause.. only mistake I've mad with a lipo was when my rx lost bind and myesc on m drag 1/18 scale went wot... tried to rebind .di it but it was to late .head the dreaded hisss..got the 3 cell unsecured from rc threw it off in my bucket .it vented and no fire. alot of smoke.Lessen learned

The only lipo issue I've had was when my Slash got ran over. Never let your wife drive your car. The fire was impressive though.

I've seen the lipo come out of my car. I've seen my lipo being drug at 40mph. I've also seen the center drive shaft nibble on the balance plug wires.

and who has seen one explode with no warning or sound.??

There are guys on here with far more RC experience than me, but I've never seen it.

I have had it happen 2 times to 3s battery’s
I was just driving the rusty 4x4 and all of the sudden I heard sizzling and a pop and car stoped moving I ran over and took the latch off and it was super smoky inside and the cells where separated so I had my pliers and grabbed the battery out and tossed it into the middle of my street as to not catch anything in fire and a second after it blew up and caught fire. That was the second battery. The first one was also in the rusty 4x4 and I forgot to turn on LVC cuz I was running a vxl-3s system and the battery went poof and swelled up and split the case and caught fire in the car. Did the same thing as the other battery.

I have had it happen 2 times to 3s battery’s
I was just driving the rusty 4x4 and all of the sudden I heard sizzling and a pop and car stoped moving I ran over and took the latch off and it was super smoky inside and the cells where separated so I had my pliers and grabbed the battery out and tossed it into the middle of my street as to not catch anything in fire and a second after it blew up and caught fire. That was the second battery. The first one was also in the rusty 4x4 and I forgot to turn on LVC cuz I was running a vxl-3s system and the battery went poof and swelled up and split the case and caught fire in the car. Did the same thing as the other battery.
No offense to you bud, we all make mistakes, but your failures sound self inflicted, not just out of nowhere battery meltdown.

We all have to learn somehow. It's the painfull (pricey) lessons that we usually don't forget. I bet you always make sure lvc is active from then on.
I know lol. no offense taken. I was like 11-12 and didn't know how batteries worked lol