Rc identification issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I got this rc from a person for doing a small job. They said it was there kids and wasn't shure was kind it was. I am trying to rebuild it and I need the gear that goes on the motor that turns the I think they call it the spur gear. There is no visible numbers or names any where. Can anyone help with this.
IMG_20210610_171659089.jpg
IMG_20210610_171631879.jpg
IMG_20210610_171606532.jpg

Someone may step in here and call me crazy but I believe that is a Redcat Blackout SC Pro 1/10 scale short course truck. Other than it looks like theres a front bumper on the rear of the kit, the actual front bumper is busted, and it appears to have some after market axial type wheels and tires on it its a dead ringer. From the downloadable parts list it looks like this kit uses Mod .8 gearing.

media_e73b3a95-c7a0-4883-856c-c528bafddc6a.jpg

Someone may step in here and call me crazy but I believe that is a Redcat Blackout SC Pro 1/10 scale short course truck. Other than it looks like theres a front bumper on the rear of the kit, the actual front bumper is busted, and it appears to have some after market axial type wheels and tires on it its a dead ringer. From the downloadable parts list it looks like this kit uses Mod .8 gearing.

View attachment 128085
Man thanks that is great. It looks just like it. Wow that is going to make the rest of the build so much easier. I can finish it now and when done I'll post photos for all to see. Thanks again your awsome.

RC Blackout XTE:
https://www.redcatracing.com/products/blackout™-xte-pro-1-10-brushless-electric-monster-truck?variant=31050558636122
The gear on the motor is pinion gear.
It also looks like it's missing the center brace and has a broken front bumper.

Man thanks that is great. It looks just like it. Wow that is going to make the rest of the build so much easier. I can finish it now and when done I'll post photos for all to see. Thanks again your awsome.
Turbo is right, I got close but the Blackout XTE is an exact match. Glad we could help :)

View attachment 128085
Turbo is right, I got close but the Blackout XTE is an exact match. Glad we could help :)
Hey I found out it is a 17t but there also is a 19t. What one should I go with for crawling. The larger number will be easier on the motor and alittle slower right?

Hey I found out it is a 17t but there also is a 19t. What one should I go with for crawling. The larger number will be easier on the motor and alittle slower right?
For pinions gears smaller equals less top speed and more low end torque. For spur gears its the reverse of that :)
So yeah, smaller pinion for crawling

For pinions gears smaller equals less top speed and more low end torque. For spur gears its the reverse of that :)
So yeah, smaller pinion for crawling
Thanks I wonted to make shure. I ended up buying a pack of pinion gears with six in it all different sizes. From 19 to 24 so I can try different ones and see what would be best. Hey to both you guys thank you for the help I'll remember that and hopefully one day I can return the favor.

One more thing if it's not to much trouble I also need a id on this one. It's my next in line to get built. Its a 2 wheel drive and I'm thinking a traxxis but really not shure. If it's a bother to you don't worry about it but you really seam to know your stuff so I thought I would ask. Thank you
16236779007356109143712863285986.jpg
16236781024637117372619050375055.jpg
16236781539391160676685721437773.jpg

Attachments

• 16236780285091247088201960860239.jpg
    16236780285091247088201960860239.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 47
Oh by the way there is this symbol in a few places on it mabey that can help.
16236787721013467920320877042454.jpg

Wow do you work for a rc company or have you just had that many. You really know your stuff. I'm really grateful and impressed. Thank you.

My Google-Fu is unbeatable! The ECX logo that you showed made it easier to figure that one out. I've never owned an ECX or a Redcat.

My Google-Fu is unbeatable! The ECX logo that you showed made it easier to figure that one out. I've never owned an ECX or a Redcat.
Google Fu? Never heard of it. Well I'm going to check it out. Thanks again

I looked it up and can't find it. I sounds awsome.
Its just an old IT joke. When you're really good at searching the internet for things then you are said to have strong Google-Fu. Like how the old kung-fu masters would say "My kung-fu is unbeatable!" in the movies. :)

Its just an old IT joke. When you're really good at searching the internet for things then you are said to have strong Google-Fu. Like how the old kung-fu masters would say "My kung-fu is unbeatable!" in the movies. :)
Dang. Go figure it can't be downloaded. I thought I could mabey quit asking all the dumb questions. Oh well on to feeling dumb. 🤔

Dang. Go figure it can't be downloaded. I thought I could mabey quit asking all the dumb questions. Oh well on to feeling dumb. 🤔
Theres a lot to learn in the RC hobby. I been in it 12 or 13 years total now and I still have to ask questions from time to time. You'll get there just keep pluggin' away at it :)