RC car won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin1980

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi my km blade Baja rc car won't start with pull start unless I'm revving with controller does this mean the carb is blocked or broken as I think fuel is not getting through unless I rev car

Hi my km blade Baja rc car won't start with pull start unless I'm revving with controller does this mean the carb is blocked or broken as I think fuel is not getting through unless I rev car

Have you tried adjusting the idle screw in to open the carbs butterfly open to add a little more air in?

Them ,you already adjusted the low needle as well?
You could try richening that low needle a little about a 1/4 turn as it may not
be getting enough fuel for idling!
I will try later but I have tried both needles already what i will do is set over again I have ordered another carb anyway

I will try later but I have tried both needles already what i will do is set over again I have ordered another carb anyway

You might want to check for air leaks as well ,the composite carb insulators tend to warp in
time causing the air leak between the head ,insulator & carb ,once it starts leaking ,you
will lose that block pressure that creates the pressure for the accelerator pump in the carb
through the pulse hole ,that is what that tiny hole is for that is on the head ,insulator an the
carb the side that fits flush against the insulator ,you need two gaskets ,one for the head an
one for the carb.!
That is probably what is wrong ,air leak an the carb is not getting the pressure it needs to
operate the diaphram pump in the carb ,that is why it will some what run when you apply
more throttle ,it puts out more pressure with more revs ,but yet too low of pressure at idle do
to air leak!..:thumbs-up:

You might want to check for air leaks as well ,the composite carb insulators tend to warp in
time causing the air leak between the head ,insulator & carb ,once it starts leaking ,you
will lose that block pressure that creates the pressure for the accelerator pump in the carb
through the pulse hole ,that is what that tiny hole is for that is on the head ,insulator an the
carb the side that fits flush against the insulator ,you need two gaskets ,one for the head an
one for the carb.!
That is probably what is wrong ,air leak an the carb is not getting the pressure it needs to
operate the diaphram pump in the carb ,that is why it will some what run when you apply
more throttle ,it puts out more pressure with more revs ,but yet too low of pressure at idle do
to air leak!..:thumbs-up:
Thanks alot for reply will check it all over hopefully get it sorted soon