Ran the RCNT East Coast Bash with no shock oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossb

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I bunch of people commented that my suspension looked very loose during the race. I was also told that my suspension was bottoming out when I hit the gas. This picture confirms that:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/clintd/RCNT/rcntbash9-24-06154.jpg

I was also having a lot of problems with my truck getting very loose when it hit second gear. I had to let it shift at half throttle or less just to keep control of the truck and that definitely slowed me down on the straights.

I just took all of my shocks apart and they were all bone dry. I have no idea what happened to the fluid because I never noticed any leaks. I just cleaned them all out and filled them up with 30WT shock oil. My truck now handles much better and it stays straight as an arrow off the line and after the shift. The throttle response seems better because the suspension is moving much less. The only bad thing is I think that at least one of my shocks is still leaking now.

Its amazing that I was able to qualify for the A-Main with those dry shocks. I'm going to be even faster now. :)

Huh.... and all along I thought you were just a terrible driver... lol

I might be terrible, but most racers are even worse. :LoL:

Last edited:
rossb said:
I might be terrible, but the most racers are even worse. :LoL:

I was jus kiddin ya bro.... Next season I have to drop my Savage on that track... I'll leave the 1/8th scale home...

LOL, every lap Chris says..."look at how he is bottoming out"..........

You had a back end squatting problem............................Yeah,I said it.

When I was watching the race and taking the photo's I was going to ask about that. But then I thought it might be some secret stealth ninja technique that I didn't know about. LOL

Back