ran my savage 2.5rtr for first time!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
let it idle 2 tanks, ran it in circles for 2 tanks....

leaned it out 2 1/2 turns and leaned the lo speed a full turn. still need to tinker with the idle...

but man it was badass just driving it up/down my friends street. burnouts and all lol. i was on some mudding like tires not the stock hpi tires. it was so cool throwing gravel everywhere! blahaha.

i think i could make it faster...as my friends e-maxx was able to keep up with me and even catch up to me :( so ill have to look into that....but i am only RWD...took out the front dogbones cuz i lost the front wheel pins :shrug:

well thats all I'm saying..but it was fun as poop woot woot. can't wait til i start jumping it etc.

It's a savage 25 RTR. The 2.5 you're thinking about is in the Revo or T-Maxx. Move the decimal point over to the right 1 digit.

Glad you're having a good time with the savage. Just remember, if you break something, you were having a great time. If you get through some bad spills, cartwheels and crashes and still drive away with nothing but a battered body, you had a great day!

I had my Savagfe for about month no and I have not broken anything expect stripping a spur gear..so enjoy there very duraable..now I have a XTM 24.7 on mine can't wait until racing torrommow..

A savage 2.5!!!! No way!!! that would suck... lol

yeah whatever lol.

yeah i was just driving it up/down his street and down into the ditches on the side of the road...had some cartwheels that didnt look to healthy. we put a ramp at one end and i tried to hit it..but the bottom of the ditch is 1/2 the width of the savage so i got it up on the ramp almost sideways and it cart wheeld up/over and into his neighbors driveway. it was awesome.

if i break something its just a reason to take it apart :D

i bought this little guy instead of a full size truck to work on..i was gonna buy a 87-93 mazda pickup and airbag it...but fiance said No...but she let me get this yay

I was the same way when I got mine, I had no idea it would be so much fun and durable! as fast as an e-max? I hope not!

Rook said:
yeah whatever lol.
i bought this little guy instead of a full size truck to work on..i was gonna buy a 87-93 mazda pickup and airbag it...but fiance said No...but she let me get this yay
She's gonna regret that decision! You'll be spending more money and time with this hobby than a 1:1 car. Trust me, I know ... I think the others can vouch for it as well. LOL

2 years, 6 cars, every sunday racing during the nitro season, every sunday during the indoor season and countless dollars later ... I'm still alive and happy!