Rally Monster 1/10: After a long day of bashing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadCharlieG

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
IMG_20210513_081330.jpg
IMG_20210513_081338.jpg
IMG_20210513_081418.jpg

My back left wheel had to be replaced because it broke, surprisingly the Traxxas Slash wheel is about the same size... Rear-Left body post hole just kinda did a thing. On the front of the body shell there's some stress marks. best way to explain is two words. Dad's Kaiju. Oh, and way too many screws backed out. I'm gonna put new hardware in and loctite it.

I have a question, what do you guys do with the wires? I don't like how they are just hanging out there.

Oh, love my tiny LiPo? XD I get 7 minutes out of it.

Any screws that go in to metal should always be loctited! +1 for that. As for wires i usually try and zip tie them to something to keep them out of the way or at least zip tie them together so its just so its less likely to get in the way.

Also I would ditch that 380 motor disguised as a 540 and buy a true 540 motor. Although not sure what the extra power would do to a 1/10 scale exceed kit. Id still put a true 540 motor in it though. Just my .02

Any screws that go in to metal should always be loctited! +1 for that. As for wires i usually try and zip tie them to something to keep them out of the way or at least zip tie them together so its just so its less likely to get in the way.

Also I would ditch that 380 motor disguised as a 540 and buy a true 540 motor. Although not sure what the extra power would do to a 1/10 scale exceed kit. Id still put a true 540 motor in it though. Just my .02
Yeah, but I am a poor man who simply can't buy everything he needs at once. 🤣 You can bet that I will get another motor, though. I did forget to Loctite the screws, silly me. Also I'm sure it could handle the power of a true 540 motor. I don't run more than 2s on it at the moment because of how much heat is generated when I try 3s. On 2s it hit 39 MPH, and 3s it hit 46 mph. I could gear down, but it runs cold on 2s. Over all I think i just need new electronics except for the Flysky receiver and 6 KG servo.

Yeah, but I am a poor man who simply can't buy everything he needs at once. 🤣 You can bet that I will get another motor, though. I did forget to Loctite the screws, silly me. Also I'm sure it could handle the power of a true 540 motor. I don't run more than 2s on it at the moment because of how much heat is generated when I try 3s. On 2s it hit 39 MPH, and 3s it hit 46 mph. I could gear down, but it runs cold on 2s. Over all I think i just need new electronics except for the Flysky receiver and 6 KG servo.
I can sure understand that.

Was it you and I that talked before about your servo and people telling you that you should replace it?

So I just realized that the google converter from kg-cm to oz-in is waaaaaay off. That 6KG servo is only about 83oz/in. When I looked at that before I either typed something in to google wrong or google converter was wrong. 83oz-in is a bit weak. If it works then dont mess with it but if you ever feel like you need more power or speed out of the servo Id try and get one thats around 18-25kg-cm or about 230-300ish oz-in. Not trying to tell you to replace the servo just wanted to correct the bad info I gave you last time it came up.

So I just realized that the google converter from kg-cm to oz-in is waaaaaay off. That 6KG servo is only about 83oz/in. When I looked at that before I either typed something in to google wrong or google converter was wrong. 83oz-in is a bit weak. If it works then dont mess with it but if you ever feel like you need more power or speed out of the servo Id try and get one thats around 18-25kg-cm or about 230-300ish oz-in. Not trying to tell you to replace the servo just wanted to correct the bad info I gave you last time it came up.
I get it, this rc is fairly light, so the servo I have totally works. Most of it's size is just from the body shell. This new servo centers properly and on top of that it seems they sacrificed torque for speed, which I enjoy. the 2.8kg servo from last time, I threw it away. It was basically ruined.

I get it, this rc is fairly light, so the servo I have totally works. Most of it's size is just from the body shell. This new servo centers properly and on top of that it seems they sacrificed torque for speed, which I enjoy. the 2.8kg servo from last time, I threw it away. It was basically ruined.
right on 💪

Back