radio upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro dave

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am looking to upgrade my radio from the stock one that came with my t-maxx. I want to be able to use it with several vehicles, including a micro rs4 I am getting for indoor winter driving and possibly a nitro sedan next spring. Do you have any suggestions?
I was looking at the airtronics m3(I believe), but am really open to any suggestions. This isn't an area I am terribly familiar with yet. What differences will I notice if I upgrade?

Thanks
nd

i use the futaba 3pdf-fm -its up to 3 r/c's

the airtronics is great also!

The HiTec Lynx 3d is a GREAT FM radio system. However, I am unaware of its compatability with the Micro (being as most of those are AM)

I purchased the kit with the Spectra Module and Novak XXXL FM Synthesized Receiver. The total kit, retail, is about 279$. Not bad, considerring, whenver you go to the track and they ask what frequency you are on, you can respond with "All of them!"

You can program up to 10 vehicles and the options are VERY good. The ONLY downside to this radio system is getting used to the navaigation of the menus (and documentation) but it is easy to grasp once you setup 1 vehicle.

The ABS option is cool too!

:D

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
The HiTec Lynx 3d is a GREAT FM radio system. However, I am unaware of its compatability with the Micro (being as most of those are AM)
:D

If I got the micro kit, it doesn't come with a reciever, so I believe I could get an fm one.

nd

nitro dave, i think yuo ended up with the JR XS-3 right? 75mhz FM band right? what did you do for your mini RS4? Did you buy one of those $70-80 JR synth recievers for your mini?

(I guess I could make this a PM, but I want to do exacly what nitro dave has in this post and I couldn't find any information via search. This way, the answer will at least be someplace for others to find.)

RobH- I did get the XS3 75mhz. I haven't pruchased a micro yet, still wavering about that one. I know I could get the JR synth reciever for it, but it is spendy. Since I was looking for an indoor winter ride, I might just borrow the reciever from the T to use in the micro, a pain I know, but cheaper. I really didn't explore other cheaper reciever options.

Actually I am glad you posted your question Rob. My micro came with a Futaba AM system but I would like to use my XS3 with it. I haven't been able to find a micro fm synth receiver. I might just have to purchase the RS300.

nitro dave - alot of the guys i bash with use the MX3 and swear buy it. it does seem to be a nice radio, but i LOVE my Hitec Lynx 3D FM. The features it has are amazing, the ABS is nice, but the real feature that has become invaluable to me is the auto DR, which allows the wheels to turn at a different rate while running full throttle, then while under braking. Makes a huge difference in handling at the track. Along with this, the buttons are easy to use, and the thing feels amazing in your hand. fits perfectly. I went without the synth, and have never had a problem.

Got the non synth version with 3 sets of crystals for 179.00

NA- I already own a XS3, Rob brought up an old post to address the use of the xs3 with a micro.

DAMMIT! There goes a kitten!

:doh:

LOL yeah NA this thread will celibrate it's 1 year birthday in five days LOL. I got a good laugh out of that. That was worth a dead kitten!

lol - i looked at the date,. and saw september, didnt notice it was september 02!

tisk tisk tisk on me.

Back