Radio Shack Golden Arrow Troubleshooting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjaminb7

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey i just found a Radio shake Golden Arrow off road special, the motor works fine and so does the servo.....BUT there is somthing wrong with the transmitter/ antenna.

When you activate the trottle the car will go about 5 feet, then lose connection, any ideas on how to correct?

I have taken the Transmitter and the car apart, and no damaged wires or kinks in antenna, so thats out of the question, if yall have any solutions I would love to hear them.

Attachments

• 15428193183991087737054.jpg
    15428193183991087737054.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 777
The circuitry in that thing is junk. I had one 30 years ago. My older brothers got it for me when I was 10 or 11 for Christmas. It lasted 5 minutes until I hit a wall with it. Then it did the same thing yours is doing. They took it back, radio shack wouldn't replace it, so they sent it somewhere. I got it back in March, drove it 10 minutes outside, wrecked... couldn't go more than 5 feet again.

If you really want to run it, might be easiest to get a cheap hobby grade esc/receiver/transmitter/servo and gut it.