Radio control problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMaxx1000

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I took the crystal out of my controller on the weekend and replaced it, now whenever I turn it on along with my truck, all of the servos twitch out and do not respond when I use the controls.

Has anyone came accross this before?

Sounds like you have the wrong crystals. They have to be specific to the freq. range. 27mhz, 75mhz, ect..

I matched them up, blue w/ blue, I'm pretty sure they're both 27.055 mHz. Maybe I'll try 2 of another frequency and see if anything changes. Thanks.

Just make sure that if you have a 75 mhz tx/rx use 75mhz crystals. If it's 27mhztx/rx, use 27 mhz crystals.

I'm not sure if it matters, but did you put the one for the transmitter in the transmitter and the one for the receiver in the receiver?

Everything appears to be set up correctly. On a related subject, I tried to swap my antenna and install it on an older controller of my friends, to see if he controller itself was the problem, but I cannot figure out how to re- install the antenna mast. :hehe:

I'm hoping that i do not need to take the controller apart to fix this, but I am prepared for the worst.

It should just screw in. They aren't really universal from brand to brand, so if your buddies antenna isn't the same thread/length, then it won't work.