Racer's Unite!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AClegg

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I see a lot of bashers and crawlers out there, but are there any racers? How 'bout sharing some of your tricks and equipment.

Here's what I through on the track:
(I'll try to get some photos and post them)

Class: Stock 17.5
Ride: Kyosho RB7ss.
- Exotek battery hold down, Exotek motor plate.
ESC: Hobbywing Justock XR10
Motor: Reedy S-plus Spec 17.5
Battery: Orion Carbon 4500mAH 100c
Radio: Spektrum DX2.0 DSM
Servo: Reedy 712MG

OK I run many many classes. I mostly run 17.5 blinky also 2wd buggy also blinky along with 4wd mod buggy.1/8 scale E buggy along with clod and 1/4 mile in 10th 16th and 1/5 or 1/6 scale...This is the fastest car I own. has a few up grades..

Attachments

• gtp v2 yell 2.jpg
    gtp v2 yell 2.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 84
OK I run many many classes. I mostly run 17.5 blinky also 2wd buggy also blinky along with 4wd mod buggy.1/8 scale E buggy along with clod and 1/4 mile in 10th 16th and 1/5 or 1/6 scale...This is the fastest car I own. has a few up grades..

I believe you're living the life I wish I had.

I have a few different cars, but I only have time to tune and race one of them. I'm helping my two kids get into racing. I'm hoping to get into 1/10 4WD racing. I would really like to get into 1/10 Stadium truck, but there are not too many places out there that still race them. 1/10 2WD and 4WD is about all they race out here.

hard to see at 132mph when its driving away from you tuned....ACleg put a rc bag together and get out and race,,Brought my son into it back when he was 13 he is now 29 and bashes but no longer races due to son poor older racers that hated gettin whooped by a youngin..oh well..We had fun back then and I still do now

hard to see at 132mph when its driving away from you tuned....ACleg put a rc bag together and get out and race,,Brought my son into it back when he was 13 he is now 29 and bashes but no longer races due to son poor older racers that hated gettin whooped by a youngin..oh well..We had fun back then and I still do now

Oh, I'm putting my race bag together! I'm just dumping too much money on getting the kids up and running. My son is 12 and my daughter is 11. I'm trying to teach them how to tune their cars. My daughter just wants to race it and buy new bodies show she can paint them and race with a different shell each night. I guess it would be too devastating for someone to notice she is racing with the same shell twice in a row.

My wife hasn't rolled her eyes back to forward facing since I told her I was getting back into racing again.

This is Ford Versus Ferrari on a small scale. You're that Miles Guy and I'm Shelby. I should trade in my Porkpie Hat for a Cowboy.

This is Ford Versus Ferrari on a small scale. You're that Miles Guy and I'm Shelby. I should trade in my Porkpie Hat for a Cowboy.

That's a pretty funny story when you think about it. Ferrari didn't think Amercians could build a vehicle that could outperform them.

LOL... I haven't seen the movie yet. I do plan on it. I am a "Ford" guy, so I find the story to be quite entertaining. I would love to have a GT40 or an AC Cobra.

!32 MPH. How many batteries and what ESC and motor do you use for that?

I use 4 cells SMC 5000 100 c. geared 47p 45 spur. mod 1, 3000kv posiden,Kosmic 180 amp esc. heres my clod lol.twin brushless esc quark 120 monster. with 570 redline up front and a 936 in rear.dual steer

Attachments

• clod 32 coupe.jpg
    clod 32 coupe.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
That's a pretty funny story when you think about it. Ferrari didn't think Amercians could build a vehicle that could outperform them.
I'm not sure they were wrong in thinking that at the time. Was it Miles's idea to put a V8 in the Ford Mustang in 1964.5, or would they have come up that on their own? Hey don't throw a wrench at me!

I'm not sure they were wrong in thinking that at the time. Was it Miles's idea to put a V8 in the Ford Mustang in 1964.5, or would they have come up that on their own? Hey don't throw a wrench at me!

I don't remember who's idea it was. It's just too bad they didn't keep building 427 Cobra Jet and install it in the mustangs. They installed it in a few other cars besides the GT40 and the Cobra.

If you ever come to race my Stadium league in Massachusetts, don't bang your car repeatedly with a hammer if I say it doesn't qualify as is. It's been done. Now go see that movie. I saw 3/4 of it.

Too bad my idea about preferred driving style option of "Cruising" didn't take. I race and cruise.

You only saw 3/4 of the movie? Was it that bad, or did you just run out of time?

Watch it over 007Chris's house, whilst fixing some of his RCs. Had to keep pausing the movie to go downstairs and find missing parts. Had to leave right around the parts where the brakes on the GT40 caught fire. Dying to really watch it, to the end.

Back