Race maxx update

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW that's some serious truck building skills..I'll take one where do I send the check..

WOW that's some serious truck building skills..I'll take one where do I send the check..

LOL Thanks man!:D Yah I got some serious time and money in this one. Hoping to have it finished by next month.

Looks good its pics like this that make me want different MTs

Hulk this is exactly how i plan to set up my maxx I'm running mine and upgrading gradually but I've got my front and rear clip almost where i want

Def be a four shock. May go with a set of supershocks. May also try out the Losi eight truggy shocks all the way around. The monster truck class has gottin pretty big here at the local track. I was hoping to get a chance to run it this season but the way its lookin prob won't.

Yep, going to send it off and have it modded also. I just acquired a new motorcycle that I am ordering parts for once I get that taken care of I will be focusing back on this project. :D

I wish they had them rpm bulks when I was building mine

The RPM bulks are nice. I am running a set on a basher rig, I like them better than alum ones.

The RPM bulks are nice. I am running a set on a basher rig, I like them better than alum ones.

I've seen 3 broken rpm bulks since they were released, I'll stick with aluminum.

Snook, I am sure they will still break being that they are still plastic. Just same as alum will bend. I just got tired of breaking off bent screws in my alum bulks. My RPM bulks have held up very nicely though.

Last edited:
LOL Thanks man!:D Yah I got some serious time and money in this one. Hoping to have it finished by next month.

Your Welcome.... Yea now I don't feel so bad after looking @ your Rig.. I spend money on spare parts & pretty much have just all the parts in need on hand on my R/C Bench for all 3 of my Rig's...... Your Rig looks good thou

I've seen 3 broken rpm bulks since they were released, I'll stick with aluminum.

I'm sure the rpm bulks will break much easier than aluminum but they are still stronger than plastic but i just purchased a set of flm towers for my max and id rather snap the tabs off of the rpm bulks where the tower mounts and be able to remove them and still use the tower rather than either sheer screws off of or bend the tower all tho the way those things are made would appear very hard to do. But all in all id rather have that breaking point there

Oh jesus! My wallet is in pain lookin at this build, looks very expensive,). But on a good note, she is lookin BADASS! Looks great hulk keep the money burnin!!

I'm gonna say as it sits My guess this trucks prob got about 700-800 bucks in it my wallet woulda tapped out a long time ago lol

Thanks for all the good comments guys. I do have some dough tied up into this rig yes. On the other hand I used to own 5 motorcycles that have been sold. So most of this builds cash came from that. I decided one bike is enough, for one man. What good is a hobby if it doesn't cost you money LOL!!!

Back