Race maxx build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well I received my 3.3 trans today. So I started putting it together as a mock up just to see what I had so far. Still waiting on my 3908 Emaxx diffs. So I just used some old bulks and some 3.3 diffs to get my brake setup and driveline figured. I found out I can't use the UE front drive shafts that's sucks, with the longer shaft on the 3.3 trans it was just to long. Don't figure that RD Logics front drive shaft will last long with that LRP.30 mounted up. I was able to use the UE rear drive shaft though. I pulled the trans apart just to make sure everything was good. It is def a full RRP metal geared trans FOC. I just kinda mocked the wing on there for a pic just to see how it looked. Well here are some pics.

View attachment 12695

View attachment 12696

View attachment 12697

View attachment 12698

View attachment 12699

View attachment 12700

Last edited:
very nice hulk will be following this one as u build it and btw that rb steel center should hold up in the front its the rear u need the strongest

very nice hulk will be following this one as u build it and btw that rb steel center should hold up in the front its the rear u need the strongest

Thanks man. Yah I figure I should get some use out of the front Cvd. I purchased my brushless diffs tonite they should be here next week. I may get a set of Hot racing diff cups before I install them. I just wish I could have put that UE Cvd to use to match the rear one.:D

That rear bone looks more like an old RCAlloys bone then a UE bone.

Lookin good though.

Agreed. The shaft diameter is too big for a UE bone.

UE steel or Ti shafts are smaller in diameter and not tapered. See if a magnet will stick, if not its most likely aluminum (hence the larger diameter) Ti would not need to be as large as aluminum for strength.

Well I can tell yah I ordered it from UE's website back in the day, so I would assume that its a Ue brand.

RACE MAXX Build Update

Well last couple days been configuring the driveline for the emaxx diffs. ThinkI got everything sorted finally with the driveline. I went with the bad horsie diff locking grease in the rear with a Hot racing diff cup. put 30k fluid in the front diff other than that left the front diff alone. Decided to put what I had together so this is it so far. Wish I could have got better pics but the battery died on the camera.

View attachment 12714

View attachment 12715

Last edited:
That thing is gonna be Sick all over!! Sweet!

buid update

Ok. I was doing some figuring with the maxx tonight. Did the brake spring mod and realized that the brake disc was going to pop off the brake hex when I applied the brakes. So this what I came up with and it seems to work very well.View attachment 12721 This is what it looks like with the RPM stuff on there. I love it when a plan comes together.

View attachment 12722

Last edited:
Thanks Snook. Yah I just was not happy with pretty much the brake disc hanging by the edge on the brake hex. With this setup it rides perfect right where it should. Now that I got the brakes and driveline worked out going to move onto the fuel tank setup and the steering link setup.

My bro. Did a good job didn't he. It almost seems to be a shame that I will be taking this rig out and thrashin it at the local track. But hey that's what I am building this one for.

Very cool lid, he's definately got some mad skills with the airbrush!

Last edited:
Hey hulk,how are the bulks lookin?

transmited from a mobile communications device

Well hotrod I have not tried them out on this rig, but I have them installed on my basher. I like them better than most alum bulks I have run, will prob never go back to the alum bulks again.

Well hotrod I have not tried them out on this rig, but I have them installed on my basher. I like them better than most alum bulks I have run, will prob never go back to the alum bulks again.

verry good sir,I've waited a long time for rpm to make them,lmao,...lookin good hulk

transmited from a mobile communications device