r40 wat engine how fast can i get it

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi i just bought a r40 and a wasp drone 12 is this a good combination or shalli get a nova rossi c12 of ebay or a rb or a mega thanks :spit: :) :hammer:

can you drive it with the wasp drone & not constantly crash?

There's 2 kinds of fast...Straight line speed and low lap times. Straight line is limited to budget and gear ratio which is determined by engine rpm,s gearing, tire diameter and body aerodynamics. Fast laptimes include all of the above, smoothness and constant lines.

As I tell every new on-roader, learn your car and it's characteristics in handeling first then you can basically determine your speed needs. Remember, fast engine doesn't mean fast on the track or even just doing speed ovals. Consistant laptimes and lines will slowly but surely reel in the competition. See what your car can do now, as it stands. Get it to handle according to your needs.

I know the HUDY system is expensive, but even the RPM Guage ($12-$15) is a needed item to get the alignment close in measurement.

Diver is right! This is my first year racing and I built an R40, awesome car. I wanted to go fast and I didnt realize you need to learn how to drive first, it is not easy. Not to mention camber, castor, spring oil, tires, tuneing because of weather change.......you get the picture..etc............ Lucky for me I race with some great guys who have been in the scene for a long time. They took my car from me and slowed me down and it really helped. I won my first race on May 22nd and I placed 3rd out of 12 on the last race.........not speed but smooth driving. I was probably one of the slower cars but I just drive and that is all I consentrate on, speed will come in time. It is the best hobby I have ever been involved in.........good luck to you.

I've got a r40 with the rossi s12, it goes pretty hard, HEY,I've just brought the gpx4 hobao,does anyone know what i can do to get it to handle better,its mainlt the front end driftin,

4 year old thread, y not start urself a new one?

i have an almost new novarossi 12 that i had on my r40, if you are interested let me know, i'm out of 1/10 scales so i don't need it.
pm me.

Back