R.I.P Roll pin

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimosobey

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
today i was already to get ready for tonights race at Racers Haven and i have 3 batterys and i always always go out in the morning before the race see if everything works correctly on the truck and then when i put it on the ground it would go(under 5mph) and the rear left wheels Roll pin was done. I put it back on the work bench only to see this...

th_rc001.jpg

the roll pin is still inside of it but the ends are all missing. Can't get it out!!!:mad:

do you have a finishing nail setter?

might be small enough to fit in the hole and puch the broken pin out.

today i was already to get ready for tonights race at Racers Haven and i have 3 batterys and i always always go out in the morning before the race see if everything works correctly on the truck and then when i put it on the ground it would go(under 5mph) and the rear left wheels Roll pin was done. I put it back on the work bench only to see this...

th_rc001.jpg

the roll pin is still inside of it but the ends are all missing. Can't get it out!!!:mad:

You might also consider using a dremmel tool with a small bit to drill it out if worst comes to worst, although the last time this happened to me I was able to use a small (jewelers)philips head screwdriver like a punch to knock it out.

i just use a new pin and some pliyers,as long as you stagger the pliyers from the hole at the bottom you can push the pin out as the new one goes in:thumbup1:

get your self a 1/16" punch you can find them at ace hardware or home depot. Dasco Pro pin punches. they work good on Ar's too.

Back