Quick question about my servos?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippycf72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey guys i want to upgrade my steering servo on my ansmann virus 2.0 can i just put any servo in its place because I'm gonna buy a Blue Bird 620 High Torque Servo will it be ok and any1 know if this servo is any good? any other recommendations dont want to pay 2 much out tho

Personally never heard of it. I preffer Savox and Hitech servos myself. You will be fine with a high torque in place of stock. I have high torque replacements on both my rigs and plan on high torque in my truggy build as well.

thx for ur input m8

Blue Bird makes some decent servos. The only advice I give when it comes to servos is this: Spend as MUCH money as you can afford and buy the best servos in your price range. Do NOT skimp on servos.....

I only have experience with Hitec and Ko Propo. They are kind of costly, especially the Ko, but worth it IMO. I figure buy some top quality servos and they will last for quite some time.

happy days maybe splash out a bit more then i think get some hitech servos on there thanks for the sound advise jk, zdragon, moto

I'm actually running Savox servos these days in my Nitro Buggy and they are doing wonderfully thus far. Great bang for the buck. I've got the high voltage versions because I'm sick of regulators dying on me. lol

I use a wide range of servos. if you dont need beastly servos then some of the cheaper chinese brands will work like Bluebird, Towerd pro mg996R (dont buy the mg995 though they suck), Stock Losi XXL servos are ok, and the EXI, servos are ok too. Most of those types of servos can mostly be bought from china for 7-20 each.

My favorite budget Servos though are sold buy a guy on Ebay named "CheapServoMan" He has some PPP brand 244oz/in .13 sec digital servos that are very smooth and quite and so far (about 6 months) havent had any failures yet. His servos prices tend to fluxuate between 22-45 bucks ea. IDK why his prices fluxate but they do. If you can pick these up for 22-30 bucks ea I think they are totally worth it. I dont think Id pay much more than 25 or 30 bucks ea for these though cuz for about 50-60 bucks you can get a savox with about the same stats.

If you really want a high quality high torque servo though you have to look towards companies like hitec, savox, futaba, and airtronics. those kind of servos in very high toques will run you probably somewhere between 80-100 bucks.

Back