Questions on chargers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go back to your original response to my comment. You linked to a video. And I said that the higher the balance rate a charger has the better it is for older and/or larger batteries.
I haven't tried to say anything more.
Sorry. You lost me. It's past my bedtime and my brain has already entered shutdown mode and is currently installing updates. Will re-read tomorrow 🤪

The balance current will be a constant. The IR will not change that. Yes, the overall charge time will be longer if you have mismatched cells. The more mismatch there is, the longer it will be from the first cell to finish to the last cell to finish. But the rate at which the finished cells are drained will not exceed the limit that the IR will allow. If it did, the battery would heat up and vent. Does that make sense?

Don't forget to grab some cables to go from the XT60 on the charger to whatever your batteries use.

With any charger, I would also recommend balance lead extensions. This will prevent your balance ports on your charger from getting worn out.

If you want to solder up your own leads, make sure to grab Amass brand connectors. The knockoff Chinese brands use a cheap plastic that melts easily. Amass makes lots of different connectors. If you use Deans, make sure to buy authentic Deans.

These look like some awesome balance leads...
4Pcs JST-XH Balance Cable 2-6S 3S Lipo Battery Balance Charger Extend Expansion Plug Leads https://a.co/d/8yNeIU7
I completely forgot about cables, thanks for reminding me!