Questions about HPI RS4 Nitro MT Slipper

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is the slipper/spur setup that is supposedly made for the older MT (not the MT2) from HPI: Nitro MT Slipper

This is the kit for the MT2: MT2 Slipper

Does anyone know why the MT2 version will not fit the older MT? The tooth count is the same and the tooth pitch is the same, but it states at tower that it's will only work on the MT2. Without having it in hand and trying it, I'm having a hard time believing it won't fit... The only significant differance that I can tell via the pic is that it has holes in the center shaft for the outdrive pins instead of flat spots for set screws like my MT.The shafts are both 55.5mm long as well.

I have a few reasons for wanting the MT2 version. One, the spur tooth count is the same as stock. It can be changed using other savage spur gears since it's the same spur. Two, it's obviosly cheaper and the parts are more abundant for the newer version. It seems to be thought out better than the older version. Three, I need a slipper since I'm running an OS 18 in my MT. As soon as it warms up and my tires grip, it's going to chew through drive train parts like no tomorrow...

Thanks in advance for any info from those who have tried it.

contact hpi and ask them why exactly why they will not interchange
i had the older version of the mt and never seen the mt2 so ican not say it will or wont work,,

take care
rick

I have a feeling I'll just get a handfull of nothing from them. I checked out HPI's site and there isn't an email to send questions to. Only a phone # to call. So I tried registering on their forum because it seems HPI staff hangs out there. After creating an account and whatnot, it logged me in, but I can't post anything...

Call Steve Baker at HPI. His email is [email protected] or you can call him at Phone number removed for privacy reasons. Please PM phone #s.. He's the tech support guy I deal with exclusively. Super nice and tells it like it is...

PLEASE do not abuse this contact info! Thanks...

Last edited by a moderator: