Question on rival mt10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raptor1410

RC Newbie
Reaction score
HI there, i am new member and wanted to say hi. I am a returning old rc kid and just started up at xmas this year with a tamiya blitzer beetle and fire dragon. Upgraded them both as much as possible but felt i wanted to bash without the cost of killing them each time so bought a rival mt10. I have done nothing to it but do live it as first intro into big boy cars and love bashing and i was wondering any help with making it better. I have bought some rpm arms as hear stock bit squishy. Would like to make it faster but feel steering bit soft so be nice to make it more responsive. Any help be welcomed. I am fairly ignorant to tech talk so please keep it fairly obvious many thanks. Happy to be here.
Adam

Get a new faster stronger servo will help with steering also a servo saver will help protect servo... sorry don't own a mt10 lookup old servo and get something faster same sweep and more kgs

Tighten
1658486425921.png

As far as RPM goes, their plastic composite is known to give more flex then average stock RC parts. Not just stock Rival MT10 arms, but most RC manufacturers use, or try to use, a compromise of strength/flexibility/price in their plastic composites. Having stock arms that snap/break in an RC mishap may be a good thing... all depends on the way a person looks at it. A super flexible arm has pros, and cons as well. As a racer, I used to buy stiffer graphite composite arms as an option for tuning the RC's responsiveness to a well groomed/med.~high traction track.

As far as RPM goes, their plastic composite is known to give more flex then average stock RC parts. Not just stock Rival MT10 arms, but most RC manufacturers use, or try to use, a compromise of strength/flexibility/price in their plastic composites. Having stock arms that snap/break in an RC mishap may be a good thing... all depends on the way a person looks at it. A super flexible arm has pros, and cons as well. As a racer, I used to buy stiffer graphite composite arms as an option for tuning the RC's responsiveness to a well groomed/med.~high traction track.
Thank you. I understand breaking a part to save other more important ones. I guess its a 50/50. I am still using stock ones after about 10 hrs of bashing over ramps and the woods and a good 45 mins in skate park witjout any breakage so surprised pleasantly. Have rpm as back up. Thank you for your advice