Question about the forward only conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLiCKWiDNiCK

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed the forward only conversion kit but when I was finished, i found that my throttle quit working. A little tinkering later and I discovered that the throttle servo, for some reason, requires the sensor module that is supposed to be deleted when installing the kit. I am probably just not aware of one or two steps that allows for the removal of the sensor without effecting the throttle, could someone please enlighten me cause I can't find anything on the 'ol googlematron about that step, thanks in advance!

When you remove the forward/reverse mechanism and servo, pretty sure it comes with a cap to plug the holes left in the transmission. Then you remove the "optidrive" completely from the truck and just wire everything to the receiver directly.

Many people removed the optidrive regardless if they had a FOC or not. It's only purpose is to keep a newbie from throwing it in reverse when the truck/transmission is in motion.

Oh so the throttle servo plugs into the optidrive, which plugs into the receiver. So I'd plug the throttle into where the optidrive was plugged in?

That's correct.

Okay, I looked at the reciever and the optidrive has two plugs connected to it, its gonna matter which socket I plug the throttle in, right? Or should either one work?

on the traxxas receiver the first 2 places are for steering .the revo has 2 steering servos plug both steering servos in channel 1, throttle is channel 2

Thank you I'll try that for sure. I have another revo 3.3 where the steering servos stopped working and I am going to attempt to troubleshoot it at some point today, I think, if I have any issues I'll post another question when I get more familiar with what is happening with that other one. Thanks for your help so far, its appreciated

I have it on my slash and 4tek.and Revo it's cool but I can't drive and watch my phone at the same time. it does help when tuning and with the GPS you can see top speed. I like the dynamite GPS unit that I can put in any car or boat that I have.

Back