Question about shipping to and APO???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meshman

RCTalk Rookie
Active Military
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what RCTalk chat room I should ask this so I'll just post it here. I've been trying to purchase the WLToys A959-B 1:18 scale through Amazon and EBay and I've been refunded 3 or 4 times because they won't ship to my APO AP address in South Korea. Does anyone know a business I can go to that has my RC model and that will ship it to an APO address?

I have no idea what an APO is, but I'm pretty sure Banggood.com sell WLtoys, maybe see if they'll ship to you.

I have no idea what an APO is, but I'm pretty sure Banggood.com sell WLtoys, maybe see if they'll ship to you.
APO stands for Army Post Office, and, from what i found online from GovX, only the USPS ships to APO's. I did find that FedEx smart post, because of how they ship, can sometimes be used to send packages to an APO, but, shipping can take awhile. I guess what FedEx does, through smart post, is carry the package to the nearest USPS facility to where you are at, and USPS actually is the one who handles final shipping to the destination. A question though. Are you absolutely dead set on the WL Toys stuff? The reason i ask is because, you could find a Redcat Racing or Exceed RC in the states, and, then just select USPS for shipping.

Last edited:
I was only set on WLToys A959-B because it's the cheapest and fastest 1:18 scale out there.

I was only set on WLToys A959-B because it's the cheapest and fastest 1:18 scale out there.
i would almost recommend getting a 1/16 exceed/redcat/hsp (they are all the same thing), 93$
https://www.nitrorcx.com/1sctr.html
they are very easily upgradable (they use the industry standard motor/esc/ receiver) and you can get parts for cheap. they are semi durable.
they do start out brushed, but you can easily swap in a cheap brushless combo to get more speed

speed is fun, but it does cause things to break especially being new. definitely learned that lesson multiple front ends later.
or maybe even one of these: 180$ BL 110$ brushed.
https://www.nitrorcx.com/1elrctr3.html
the brushless versions are quite a bit more upgraded from factory than the brushed versions, and i recall reading where it would be more efficient to just but the B/L version if your plan was to eventually go brushless with it anyway.
here was the post:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/tacon-soar.125935/#post-1246005

WLtoys vehicles just dont seem to be as hobby standard for upgrades and replacements. like the wheels and tires, the 1/16 exceed has 12mm hex, there are so many wheel and tire combos that fit 12mm hex between on-road tires, off-road tires, and even buggy tires.
the electronic components on the WLtoys cars seem to be almost molded in place and combines, so if anything goes out you are reduced to only replace with stock, very little upgrade-ability.

Having messed with one of them for my neighbors kid, i can tell you, even though they are quick, they are pretty much throw a ways. Parts and upgrades are available, but, with shipping, can get pretty expensive quickly. With the Exceed/Redcat/HSP stuff, they have parts suppliers in almost every country, and, they all share the same parts, so there are multiple avenues of parts support, unlike the WL stuff, which is limited to a couple suppliers from china, and usually only available through Gear Best and Bang Good.

have someone you know buy it after you pay them then have them send it to you..you wont find any online seller that will ship to a apo.

tntpoof, are you from the States or no? I asked because if you know someone from the States then you can have them mail it to you. I'm from the States and currently living overseas (in an APO area) and tried many times buying my RC from Amazon and companies/sellers would never send me a RC basically because of the battery but I found a Chinese company that sent me one. So it's possible to buy online and have it delivered by mail.

Please check the dates before replying. This thread is almost a year old. I think he got the info he was looking for.