Quandary

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Those of you who do your own custom paint jobs for off road RCs ever have this problem?

I am torn. Even though my first attempt at painting a body is far from intricate or spectacular, I still find that it is great looking. My dillemma or quandary is do I drive the thing with the new body, or shelf the body and stick with my beat to hell basher body. It's not like I am running short on bodies for my T-Maxx, but everytime I look at that yellow hummer body on my T, it looks too pretty to beat up.

Just a little food for thought kind of post. Any one out there with similar issues about your own works of art?

I usually save the fancy bodies for a large group bash, to at least show it off a bit before I bash the piss out of it...lol

They all become beaters sooner or later....lol

Buy stock bodies to beat the piss out of and keep the customs for show or 'dust covers' as I call them. Although I can't wait to beat the tar out of the buggy body I painted. Dont know why. Maybe its because I think the flames will look better at 60mph.....

I like to do what ImBroken does, save the new skin for a bash session with other trucks so you can start off with a nice ass body, but also just like he said they all become beaters. The only body I could see myself buying strictly as a show body would be the ElCamino, it is one of the sweetest looking bodies but I don't see it holding up well at all. One good hit and roll and you can kiss the top of the blower goodbye, thats why I sold mine on eBay.

I have that problem. so, I use my stock or f-350 body as beater bodys and my 50's chevy as the show body when an adult comes around. for some resun the little kids look at it as a really fast tyco:rolleyes:

I say bash it up! You are always going to buy a new body and out do yourself the next time. Take a picture. All angles and then bash it up. Take more after pictures. Then think, "Its time to get a new body to make pretty." Its a plus if you bash it up with other people there.

Back