QuadCoptors Need a Warning Label

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro4910

Nitro Junkie!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
It should read, flying a QuadCoptor may make you giggle like a child!

I got one for Christmas and it is ridiculous how much fun it is, now I need to get one for my wife and some more batteries.

I can see how this could get expensive rather quickly if I venture into the higher end coptors.

I'll post up some video once I get some uploaded, but these little suckers are a blast to fly! :)

And they're addictive like potato chips... you can't have just one. lol

Yup, I've already been looking into the next level of Quads.
And dropped $50 on a Hitec 4 port charger for the one I have now, 60-90min to recharge the battery's with the one that came with it was just too long.

And you have to register them with your good uncle Sam.

And you have to register them with your good uncle Sam.
Only if it's over 250g. The quads you use that charger for weigh less than 50g (I know, I have that exact charger).

Only if it's over 250g. The quads you use that charger for weigh less than 50g (I know, I have that exact charger).

Yup, its under Fed money grab limit, and I found flying on windy days with it is a no-go!

Any who on to some pics & some video!

Looked at the Blade Quads at the LHS and they look sweet, but I think I'm gonna fly this one for a bit before I get real deep into them.

So far so good, its taken a beating from a total rookie pilot.

QuadCoptor%2001_zpsjnvbkbpn.jpg

So far I am really happy with this charger, got it for $51 out the door, it charges the 700mah battery full in about 40min, has both AC120 cord and a 12V clip cord, where as the USB charger took closer to 90min and could only do one battery at a time.

Battery%20Charger%2001_zps4j5r4uom.jpg

Battery%20Charger_zpsyfojauj5.jpg

Bottom battery is the one that came with it, top was from the not-local LHS, I have a 6pk of 720mah on the way, should be here next week.

Batteries_zpsvg41ewbn.jpg

On-Board camera video(no sound)

th_20151230162248_zpszc0o4pd4.jpg

!!!CAUTION!!! Beeping is really loud as the cell phone is mounted on top of the TX, turn your volume down.

Last edited:
It's only like $3 to register with FAA, and you can print your registration. I made a wallet card for mine. But mine flew away. Make sure to write your FAA number on the outside of the body, not inside the battery door.

Back