Q903 Rear Knuckle Repair

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster242

RC Newbie
Reaction score
This is probably a newb question but I have a Hosim Q903 with a broken rear knuckle. It's attached at either end with pins. I tried pushing them out with a punch tool but they are really stick in there. Makes me wonder if they are meant to be removed. Is there a trick to this, or a tool maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_0775.jpg
    IMG_0775.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 106
Your pins are probably bent and will be very difficult to remove. If you can get a Dremel cut off into the area cut the plastic on the part that you're going to repair in order to cut through the pin so you can remove it

there are tricks.. I have used a piece of scarp aluminum bar I had cut it to about a 1/4 higher than a hole slightly larger than the pin size then us the correct size punch with a piece of brass or copper try a slight wake try not to break things. Try getting truck in the correct position ..

I ended up using the base of a soldering stand and a punch tool and hammer. The pins are serrated on one end. I assume that's to hold it in place. It's easiest to punch them out in the opposite direction of the serrated end. Unfortunately there's no way to tell which direction that is unless you put them in and remember. I guessed wrong on both pins (Irish curse).

Attachments

• IMG_0777.jpg
    IMG_0777.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 85
You can replace all pins now. put a small mark on the knurled end.

Back