Push rod broke during brake in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgoble89

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Push rod broke during brake in i was on my 5th tank and i look and the dam thing was leaning to the left side how can that brake wen i was NOT bashing it and is it going to be a prob later on down the road, and can i do anything to keep it from happening?????? pleaz help

A lot of people are talking about aluminum rods and ends, so I would take a look into those. I don't have any experience with them, but everyone says to stay away from Integy aka Inte-garbage

If you weren't bashing hard, you had a defect in the part. It's very rare that they would break, even with major front end damage.

like Rolex said ;)..must be a defect

my revo french kissed an F150 bumper at 30+mph , cracked front suspension arm ...also did some cartwheels many times on pavement , crashed into a few rocks , jumped it at high speeds ..my last bad landing broke the rear bulkhead and bent the frame ...its all fixed up ...but i never broke a push rod or any rod ends ..and to be honest ..i was expecting to brake those first ...they are pretty tough :D

I've ripped a few push rod ends off on my revo, but it required one heck of a hit. Once it happens, then of course it comes off easily so replacing the end is necessary. I wouldn't bother with alloy ends. Sounds like yours was either not screwed on all the way from the factory, split or defective in some way.

ok thanks like i said i was not bashing so idk y it broke and were would i get the aluminum ends???? thanks for everything

Back