purchasing a new engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a737mech

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I will be getting a new engine for myself at Christmas this year. It is going in my RC 10 GT Factory Team +. I was considering the Trinity Rossi. Pixi. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEDA6&P=0. Is this a good choice are does someone with racing experience recommend something ells. Any racing info on the subject will really help. I do not no much about what’s hot and what’s not in the eng. department. I race at my local track but all of us have stock equipment. None of us have roar legal motors. I want to go on the racing circuit and need one to do so. Please help, Desperate Racer

Last edited:
I have seen the particular engine you are referring to in action and have driven the car I saw it in (NTC3). I didn't like the power placement in the power band. It tended to get winded very easily (same gearing as my own NTC3).

Italian engines tend to be higher in price but as with anything in this hobby, you get what you pay for.

If you are set on getting the Black Pixie because you don't want to spend for the italian engines, you're better off getting the Sirio Evo2. The power is more mid-rpm range andhas great torque off the line. Perfect for off-road. I don't know what the local prices are in your area, but check around. Local prices may be lower and if you calculate shipping and/or waiting time, it may be better to get it from your LHS.

Last edited:
here is the sirio diver recommends if you call the place, they usually give you a better price than thier website. i have a sirio .15 in my onroad car and its just sick. plenty fast, and runs very nice and cool 200* on the nose. the 5 port outlaw is almost identical to my .15 in construction specs. but the one i gave you a link to is ROAR legal. make sure to order a threaded shaft for your RC10.

this engine is also cheaper than the one you picked out so your wallet will thank you too.

Back