Pull Starter or Starter Box?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatNat42

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
k so my pull starter wont go back in for some reason probably pulled to far even though i don't remember doing so. anyway i was thinking about getting a starter box because its like £15 extra but is it better because iv been having trouble starting it with the pull starter can can sometime hurt having to keep pulling it the first time to get it running.

Simple fix...take the engine out, take the pull start off and clean it with some nitro clean. Make sure your spring inside the pull start and bearing are still good. Slap the pull start back on and make sure you don't tighten the screws too much or it won't retract again. Tighten or loosen as needed.

I love pull starts. Cheap to replace, easy to operate and if they brake, easy to fix hehe.

Good luck bro, let us know how you make out.

It is what it is...

A fiddly spring inside the starter could be broken, all it could need is a careful tweak to create a new hook with a pair of needle nose pliers. You tube have a few vids showing you what to do, i have done it about 6 times on my pull start and havent had to buy anything yet. Starter box sounds nice though. mmmmmmm nice and lazy.